Do they never learn

D

darkroom12

It was on the North East news this evening where they were interviewing a female pub landlord about how she will manage during the lockdown. The reply was something like it will be the same as last time we do carry out meals and we can now sell drink to take away - Then she came out with - But we a planning a huge party for the lift of the lockdown in December......... Oh yes and start the cycle all over again!

Have they no common sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant understand the selling of takeaway booze. Food yes, but who will go to a pub and buy a takeaway pint at £4/£5 instead of buying from an shop and had or even a third the price!

If it is draft what do you take it away in, or is it bottled gnat's P that you can buy in a supermarket? Sounds a bit like smoke and mirrors to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of pubs in Doncaster sell boxes for pick up or delivery, 9/18 pints. Ive had quite a few of Old Horizontal :beer::beer:

If it is draft what do you take it away in, or is it bottled gnat's P that you can buy in a supermarket? Sounds a bit like smoke and mirrors to me.

Couple round here sell everything they stock, Keg & Cask. Pulled into jugs, like milk cartons. Tastes just like its been pulled into a glass.

No point in letting stock go to waste is there?

The Spitfire or any other beer I buy in bottles is just as good as draft in many pubs. It is brewed in the same place.

If I tell you I come from the Newcastle area they will be no prizes for guessing what I like. Although I do have a soft spot for Theakson's Black Sheep bitter or a glass of Cider now and again

To be honest I prefer a draft pint served in a pub to bottled I’m not saying that it is actually better but it’s not the same drinking at home as having a couple of pints in the pub with a curry as well
But unfortunately it will be a long time before I feel safe enough to go into a pub so make do with bottles from the supermarket

local pub chain Osset Breweries is doing it but can't stand the stuff, all there beers taste the same, hoppy, more hops....blah

Beers of Europe Website.

Is that not otherwise known as recycled sewage from the River Dono_O
No, not even close.

local pub chain Osset Breweries is doing it but can't stand the stuff, all there beers taste the same, hoppy, more hops....blah

Beers of Europe Website.

You're not the only person that's commented on that - I remember going into one of the pubs in Wakefield (fernandes iirc) and they had 3 Ossett Beers on tap, I asked the guy behind the bar what they were like, and got the response, "that ones normal 4.0%, that ones a bit stronger, and that ones weaker, but they all taste the same..."

You're not the only person that's commented on that - I remember going into one of the pubs in Wakefield (fernandes iirc) and they had 3 Ossett Beers on tap, I asked the guy behind the bar what they were like, and got the response, "that ones normal 4.0%, that ones a bit stronger, and that ones weaker, but they all taste the same..."

fernandoes used to be good, good curry shack just near them as well, then get the train from kirkgate home to mirfield

Back