Do you like this shot?

Edit My Images
No
Took this shot of mate's bike.

I know the DOF is not perfect (i.e the 'ATI' of Ducati is not in focus) but I really like it.

What do you think ?

splashofred.jpg

Cheers.

TeaVR

Last edited:
Fix the size to comply with forum rules or it will be removed.

Jeee wiz Doug!
You might want to resize your pic to be 800pix on its longest edge for forum rules. I cant see the whole pic at the mo as it wont fit on my screen!
:)

Last edited:
Jeee wiz Doug!
You might want to resize your pic to be 800pix on its longest edge for forum rules. I cant see the whole pic at the mo as it wont fit on my screen!
:)

Get a bigger screen! ;)

Image resized - sorry all.

Its still to big dude! 800 pix on its biggest side!

As for the shot - what did you take it on? I love the angle but imo it needs to be shot at a lot lower ISO to get rid of all that grain! If it was on a dslr then wind down your ISO to a lower number. If on a P+S try to get more light onto the subject. Once you nail that it would make a bike lurvers piece or wall artwork :)

Last edited:
Its still to big dude! 800 pix on its biggest side!

As for the shot - what did you take it on? I love the angle but imo it needs to be shot at a lot lower ISO to get rid of all that grain! If it was on a dslr then wind down your ISO to a lower number. If on a P+S try to get more light onto the subject. Once you nail that it would make a bike lurvers piece or wall artwork :)

Canon 400D, Nifty 50 F2.8. Settings - F4.5, ISO 200, 1/1600 sec, App Pri mode. So, not sure about the ISO?

Yes, it was a point and shoot - the owner was desperate to get out for a burn :)

maybe a bitt duller on the red and also the edging on the red 748 doesnt look right bit of a touch up and it might look great

Totally agree with the letter edging. Shot was taken, imported into PSE, converted to B&W and the letters turned back to red using the 'fill' tool. I will definately get it back into PSE and take some more time playing with it.

Might even see if I can get some time with the bike and throw some lighting at it.

Btw, a friend of mine said -

"Horrible white blotches. The lower one has got an out of focus imprint of your lens diaphragm too - you can see it was taken with lens with a five-bladed diaphragm".

:( I have a great deal to learn!

Cor thats a hell of a lot of noise for ISO200??

Maybe the noise came from you adjusting the exposure in PP?? Was it a little underexposed when taken? Maybe worth checking the histogram on some of the shots you take - the small LCD only gives a general idea when it comes to exposure :)

Back