Does this work ? CC welcome.

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
DCD86F4D-8A4D-4F41-BEFF-CFA954C8013B.jpeg Took this of a Chaffinch leaving a log yesterday. Can’t decide whether I like it or not ,

Background is OK, but that OOF bit in the foreground spoils it...............IMHO.

Bird might have been a bit centralised (1/3rds)

"Does this work?"

Honestly, not really ... it's an opportunist shot that doesn't have the necessary ingredients to make it work.
Even if the bird was in the centre of the frame it wouldn't really show it in a way to demonstrate real interest, wings back like that isn't particularly appealing.
Coupled with the extensive OOF areas, including a large mass right in front of the bird, detracts from what is shown of th bird ... and yes it is a Bullfinch, nit a Chaffinch. :)

Am I the silly one. I quite like it Robert. Colours don't clash. I see the oof bit as a cat or dog that spooked the Bullfinch and its head turned towards the bird, the bird looks to be looking at the cat or dog linking the two. Also I like how the Bullfinch stands out from the BG. It looks better with the top cropped out to put the bird in the top of the picture.:) Having said that I would not enter it in a comp

Back