Does this work ? your opinions please.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this today and thought I would try something different, I thought it would be nice to put an insert in of the the whole spider, but now I have done it i'm not so sure, I think it may work better if the insect was on a different background.
What do you think ?, your thoughts would be appreciated.
1544483276_7eee16934b_o.jpg

That's me not coming to Colchester then! :eek::eek::eek:

I like the idea, but think it needs separation from the main shot more - I'd try making it a bit smaller, and floating it as a drop-shadow in the same corner, but a few millimetres away from the edge. If you know the name of it (not Fred!) I'd type that on too but very small on the insert shot

Just a thought

I do like what you macro chaps keep doing, but bugs generally make me...:puke:

I guess it does, its nice to see what the picture is actually of ( not being sarcastic BTW) sometimes. Sometimes its difficult to know when up "so close and personal"

I like the idea, but think it needs separation from the main shot more - I'd try making it a bit smaller, and floating it as a drop-shadow in the same corner, but a few millimetres away from the edge. If you know the name of it (not Fred!) I'd type that on too but very small on the insert shot

I will try some different ways of doing it.

I guess it does, its nice to see what the picture is actually of ( not being sarcastic BTW) sometimes. Sometimes its difficult to know when up "so close and personal"

Thats why I tried it, sometimes they are so close you loose all idea of what the insect actually is.
I think the fact this ones legs are so long has thrown it a bit, I would imagine it will work better if it's not with spiders.

Super shot Scraggs, I think a separate shot is best as the little insert is just distracting. (y)

Personally I'd ditch the insert. Oh, and it's not a spider either! ;)

If you are just showing the picture I'd ditch the insert, although if you want to use it for some other use, then the insert might be useful. My only gripe with the insert is that there is no scale, I don't know if the bug is 2cm wide or 20cm wide (but that's just my scientific backround coming through).

Personally, no. I dont think it does work. Aside from the fact I nearly crapped myself when I saw it, its still a brilliant shot, and works best on its own :)

It reminds me of playing on the xbox and having the TV insert in the bottom corner ;)

Gorgeous spider! love both shots, but seperately I'm afraid, close up is awesome! :notworthy: :p

Right I think thats a definate no on this one, just thought I would give it a try to see what others thought, thanks for you opinions.

Scraggs,

One thing that jumped out at me was that the orientation of the two images was different. It is akin to having a overview map with the highlighted region pulled out and rotated.....it would be more obviousy wrong then because you always see maps with north going up.I also think you need to put a border between the two...fade out the main image around the insert so that the harsh boundary doesn't exist...only my opinion (and I'm married so I know it's not always valid)
Bob

PS....the main image is great by the way. I hope to get going again soon if the PO can find my MP-E65 that vanished a month ago!

Back