Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Not the best shots but these are my brothers dogs i'm off to the rescue home this week to get my own. Top is lotte and lily, bottom is maisie and don't worry she has had her claws clipped this was how he got her from the dogs home. There is another chihuahua called meg but i can't find a pic of her but she's lily's daughter and identical to her.

lotte.jpg

masie1.jpg

Two of my Whippet Tye doing what a Whippet does second best (sleeping gets first place by a mile lol)

Tyestretched2.jpg

Tyecrossedup2.jpg

A Couple of shots of, "70 Pounds Of Stupid!"

6 Years Takes us from

This

bell0015.JPG

To This

Bell100.JPG

To help mark decide, here's another HV, Luca:

33jhcf9.jpg

2v3j3oi.jpg

Technically neither shots are great, but I love them because they show off what an energetic dog he still is at 9. These were taken before I got the hang of having my DSLR and had even thought about a long lens!

Lovely thread, Maria, and a great first portrait - Fudge garnished with pond weed. :D

My little terrors:

1 Rusty the Ruffian, happily snuffling in the leaves:

DSC_6476LR.jpg

2 Clyde the Cutie, looking, well, .... cute?

DSC_2889cropLR.jpg

3 Muttley (my brother-in-law's dog), wishing I'd hurry up with this photo stuff so he can go back to sleep:

DSC_6667Mut-7x7LR.jpg

4 Harmony - my very special childhood friend. How I wish I had a decent photo of her!

Harmony-Jean-in-Garden-LR.jpg

Jean

blimey! :)

we've got a lot of good dog shots on here, love your vizla Mark and there are just so many others that are gorgeous!!!

Here's another of fudge, the long suffering hairy hound that hates her photo being taken...

5943488537_fec7762548_z.jpg

Get them to take lots of pictures as they grow incredibly fast! The giant dopey out of proportion paws don't last long either, mores the pity as they are so cute!

Yeah 2 weeks ago when they got it it had no legs and looked like a minature version but this week its all legs which dont seem to go in the same direction at the same time...:wacky:

Few pictures of my pup :)

5679557543_9c694cfd05_b.jpg

5677022423_575582eae4_b.jpg

(had a bad eye in that one)
5677024413_b7238274ea_b.jpg

(missed focus on the eyes a bit here, not the best photographer!)

that's not a dog - its rug with legs :LOL:

LOL, he was a mucky pup when dirty but when he was groomed he was a true show champion with numerous wins to his name, unfortunately the daft brush passed away last year without to many good photo's being taken.

Last edited:
Awww. I know what you mean. I really wish that I had better photos of our last 2 dogs while they were still young and lively. Is that you in the photo with her?

Yes, it is me - aged about 10, I think! :confused:

She was a retired police tracker dog, who had then gone to a breeder and had a litter of pups. At that time there were only eleven bloodhounds in the country. Then the breeder couldn't keep her any longer and they gave her to me. It was amazing to watch her tracking through the fields at breakneck speed. She was virtually blind but never, ever bumped into anything, until the day she got out onto the busy A34 in snow and got run over by a bus. I was inconsolable. :(

Jean

There are some awesome dogs on show

Heres my favorite picture of my dog, Jenny

DSCF5390.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my English cocker spaniel, Ben. Just had this picture printed out poster size for my wall at uni!
5745875029_2da340a866_z.jpg

Heres my dog Olly and my friends dog Chiefy (Olly is the little one)

101-2.jpg

...and here is Olly Surrendering to the big boys :LOL:

147.jpg

Back