Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Great second shot Dave, I love collies - grew up with 3 of them, such intense little creatures but so much character, the ones I see at the park are usually busy trying to herd our spaniel in one direction or another :D

Happy New Year All! Right my new years resolution is to share an post more.

Some cracking pics in this thread so I would like to share some of my favorites of my two. Kia is our 4 year old doodle and Edy our 3 year old cocker.

[/url]Before After by sr_1867, on Flickr

A couple from Christmas. The second one the doodle wearing the wife's Christmas Present.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/qkJvJs]
IMG_7113-1
by sr_1867, on Flickr

Week 51 ~ Extravagant
by sr_1867, on Flickr

And from the spring so the cocker does not feel left out.

Week 16 ~ Mono
by sr_1867, on Flickr[/url]

In one of those odd moments that happens from time to time we worked out that the other vizsla (Rufus) we met in Richmond Park this morning must be Henry's (my vizsla) brother. You can't tell them apart but after an hour and a half they still hadn't stopped for breath.

9684-1421414885-21dda9e4065fa35f7ae622421ff8f73e.jpg

I know its a fairly crappy photo, but vizsla pups aren't the easist of subjects on an iphone

Last edited:
One taken of my Cavalier King Charles today when trying to sync my wireless flash. I think she thought she would be getting a treat or something as she hovered around me looking expectantly. Of course, her powers of mind control subdued me and I ended up getting her one ;).

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

Last edited:
My parents Jack Russell. The best behaved dog in the entire group of family dogs. He is also the youngest so he should the the worst behaved but we all know dogs are funny creatures.

Rescue Jack Russell by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is quite an old photo of my GSD, Elsa, sadly she was put to sleep around 05/06 at the age of 13.
It's a pure coincidence that one of my all time favourite musicians is on TV at the same time.
The camera was an Olympus with a x12 zoom but I can't remember the model number, hardly a good photo compared todays standards with digital cameras :)
It is said that 1 in 4 homes in the UK owns a dog and I am starting to think that 1 in 4 homes also owns a DSLR based on the size of this thread :D
View attachment 30210

Last edited:
My friend's labrador Max :) a recent rescue, sadly his previous owner had died and nobody was in a position to take him in. He's such a lovely dog it's hard to imagine somebody not wanting to keep him, gentle, loyal and a real character :)

Max by andyroberts1868, on Flickr

Just snaps but a few random favourites of my gang.

Skye (Old English Sheepdog X Deerhound)
Mij (Young English Springer Spaniel)
Fingal (Older English Spaniel)
Breagh (Pointer x Lab)

Mijbil
Mij English Springer Spaniel at 9 weeks by dinners85, on Flickr

Mijbil & Skye
Untitled by dinners85, on Flickr

Skye
Skye by dinners85, on Flickr

Fingal & Skye
IMG_9268 by dinners85, on Flickr

excuse my mug and the type on this one (Breagh)
Welcome with Breagh by dinners85, on Flickr

Breagh
Breagh at Loch Sunart 3 by dinners85, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back