Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

so sorry x

So sorry to hear this Andrea :(

So sorry to hear of your loss Manxmaid,im sure you have many fond memories of Abbey.

Thank you all. It's been a tough first day without her after 15 years, but we do have lots of happy memories. I have set myself the challenge of choosing my favourite photo of her and making a nice B&W image to go on a canvas.

Here's a more recent image of her from last year; not looking bad for an old lady of 14 :)

Border Collie by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Thank you all. It's been a tough first day without her after 15 years, but we do have lots of happy memories. I have set myself the challenge of choosing my favourite photo of her and making a nice B&W image to go on a canvas.

Here's a more recent image of her from last year; not looking bad for an old lady of 14 :)

Border Collie
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Just beautiful photo of Abbey :)

What my oldest boy likes doing best these days...

DSC_2379.jpg

Border Collie

Sorry to hear the sad news Andrea, she was a beauty. It's never easy when they leave us, my condolences to you and your family.

sorry to hear but what a gorgeous photo of Jack you took (can't believe the swear filter!)

A self-indulgent share in this dog appreciation thread, and one of my first digital photos with my first DSLR (Canon EOS D30). 15 years to the week after bringing home this huge-hearted bundle of fluff, we've had to say goodbye today. Sleep tight Abbey x

Abbey, 15 years ago

I feel your pain Andrea. I’m sure you gave Abbey a great life and that is all us mere mortals can do.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Roy. I think she did, and she gave back so much in return.

That's right Andrea and that is why losing them is so painful.

This is my working cocker Jess (the picture above with the ball is when she was a lot younger)

Jess was 13 yesterday and while still looking good she is sadly showing her age in different ways.

Some 'doggy dementia' that is so sad to see in what was a such a lively energetic dog and she has problems with her rear legs now.

We must make the most of these days with Jess.

i-HJFMkzR.jpg

That's right Andrea and that is why losing them is so painful.

This is my working cocker Jess (the picture above with the ball is when she was a lot younger)

Jess was 13 yesterday and while still looking good she is sadly showing her age in different ways.

Some 'doggy dementia' that is so sad to see in what was a such a lively energetic dog and she has problems with her rear legs now.

We must make the most of these days with Jess.

i-HJFMkzR.jpg

That's a lovely photo! of a very pretty dog I wish I had more 'posed' photos of Abbey but she was typical of her breed and usually either busy doing something or fast asleep! Of course she did quite a lot of sleeping in recent years :) She developed exactly the same problems you mention, too, and it is sad to see an active dog slowing down and unable to do the things they used to enjoy, although we found that she enjoyed hydrotherapy and it definitely helped her arthritis.

Here's the usual sort of photo I've got of her, catching her breath after a run on the beach.

A pause for breath by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Back