Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Hi, a nice weekend from Basi and Immo! :) (Basi keeps an eye on the door to protect her Immo ... )

Basi-4-21122015_bearbeitet-1.jpg

Some fine looking mutts on show!

Here's one I shot for a magazine cover yesterday - a frisky young Boxer called Indie. Took a few shots to get the one they wanted lol!

Indie by Dave Green, on Flickr

Cody my rescue greyhound looking out from Back Tor

43994510234_b544cdf8d6_c.jpg

On a recent visit to Turkey I ended up taking a serious of photo's documenting the lives of the street dogs of Bitez & Yalikavak, it wasn't my intention to do so until I heard the story of how many of these dogs were bought as pets for their children by wealthy owners who were holidaying in the area for an extended summer break then dumped when they return home. These days instead of rounding them up and destroying them they are tagged and neutered, most are fed by hotels and restaurants plus volunteers. On the whole they seem very happy and they all get along with one or two exceptions. The last pic was taken during a 2 hour spell when a pack of 5 hugely inquisitive friends followed us everywhere we went, they were fascinated by the camera, sniffing and nudging it several times. They swam & played together, it was quite moving when we had to hide in a shop to lose them before returning to the bus station, i'm sure they would have followed us right to the bus across a dangerous road.

Streetdogs-2 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Streetdog-1 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Streetdogs-3 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Happy birthday Ruby!

Love those Turkish beach dogs. They would have made my holiday :)

Fab shot of Holly in the heather, the light is beautiful.

Just testing a new lens on Cody, who's keeping a careful eye on me for signs of going for a walk. Tamron 70-300 VC handheld at 200mm - 1/15!!

43553873110_1a0b5475b1_b.jpg

Need an Extra Income ?

Need a 'woof' over your head ?

Get on the 'dog 'n' bone' and give me a call.

i-XKNc5XL.jpg

I happened upon this feller touting for business. :)

Last edited:
Back