Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hehe. Do you find the breed divides into those who plod gently along through the world, and those for whom the world must be investigated at the highest speed possible?

Dave
Ha, I have one of each, Boy (on the right) will happily walk just behind me, so much so that I have to look around to make sure she is still there, while Freya is generally somewhere close to the horizon usually running at full tilt after something or other. Just great dogs with so much character, I love them both dearly.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
That's the same face that my dog has at the moment. Another evening of FECKING fireworks. What the flip?
When I got my terrier (of unknown origin, but a worker) age around 9 months she was petrified of fireworks, trying to leave the house (presumably thought the bangs were inside), constant, constant movement, under chairs and so on. Before the next lot (New Year, I think) I sprayed ADAPTIL (synthetic dog hormone) liberally on bedding & my clothing and she was much improved. A year later she was nearly completely cured. Tonight I opened the door to let her out and there were some bangers going off in a nearby garden and she just decided she’d stay in but no fuss.
I’ve no idea if this works with any other dog but it’s with a try. Poppy is not a nervous dog in any other way (typical Patterdale type working terrier haha) so may not be typical.

(I’ve never had a firework nervous dog before but then I’ve always introduced them to bangs when puppies — I’ve found clay Pigeon shoots approached from a distance to be useful for that.)

Edit My Images
No
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Edit My Images
No