Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

We lost Jack last Monday. This was taken way back in 2011 a few months after we adopted him and Jessie. After Jessie died in January he was very clingy with Paul, becoming even more his shadow. He brightened up with the arrival of Skye in Feb, but recent couple of months he gradually faded and became very frail despite everything we could do. He was 15 years old.

jack
by Elizabeth Oldham, on Flickr

Very sorry for your loss ... Of course, 15 years is quite an age, but it is always far, far too early ... ---

We lost Jack last Monday. This was taken way back in 2011 a few months after we adopted him and Jessie. After Jessie died in January he was very clingy with Paul, becoming even more his shadow. He brightened up with the arrival of Skye in Feb, but recent couple of months he gradually faded and became very frail despite everything we could do. He was 15 years old.

jack
by Elizabeth Oldham, on Flickr

Sorry for your lost Beth.
As dog lovers most of us have experienced the loss of a canine companion, however it never gets any easier It is important to remember the good life you have given Jack and the love he has given you in return.

We had a little trip to Scotland and Suki managed to star in a few nice shots!

DSC_3738-L.jpg

DSC_3757-L.jpg

DSC_3827-L.jpg

And the pick of the bunch, a perfect timing with a rainbow, shows the pot of gold that can be found at the end of a rainbow!

DSC_3598-XL.jpg

We had a little trip to Scotland and Suki managed to star in a few nice shots!

DSC_3738-L.jpg

DSC_3757-L.jpg

DSC_3827-L.jpg

And the pick of the bunch, a perfect timing with a rainbow, shows the pot of gold that can be found at the end of a rainbow!

DSC_3598-XL.jpg
What a wonderful photograph the last one is, (they all are) I hope its in a frame and on a wall!

I'm going to guess he's a lurcher / labradoodle type as I've seen black labradoodles like that but maybe a bit smaller.

He's Greyhound/Deerhound
When I posted I added “and if anyone says he’s greyhound X deerhound” I shan’t believe it :) but deleted it not wishing to be too offensive! I shall have to take your word for it though :).

Love this.
My Lurcher Ben always loved the beach and the sea.
He's nearly 15 and struggles to walk far now, and isn't happy trying to get in the car, so this type of thing is just a memory now....
I had the very same thing with my last Lurcher Sasha, but I'm sure Ben ( as did Sasha) had some wonderful times by the sea

Back