Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

A friends dog . . . . and a ball.

i-X83dkr4.jpg

This our little Jack Russell, Molly. She is the absolute centre of our universe:love:. Sadly she lost her right eye to cancer a few months after I took this picture however I'm happy to say, it hasn't diminished her spirit one little bit.

Molly1.jpeg

Molly copy.jpeg

This our little Jack Russell, Molly. She is the absolute centre of our universe:love:. Sadly she lost her right eye to cancer a few months after I took this picture however I'm happy to say, it hasn't diminished her spirit one little bit.

She looks indefatigable and adorable. if you're on Facebook you might like to give "The touch of sight" group a look.

She looks indefatigable and adorable. if you're on Facebook you might like to give "The touch of sight" group a look.
Indefatigable is an understatement!!!! Unfortunately she had to endure a luxating patella and cruciate ligament repair last summer as a result of her insistence of doing everything at 200 miles per hour (makes portraits of her an absolute nightmare sometimes:banghead:). Thank you also for the "The touch of sight" suggestion. Requested to join:ty:.

If this was in reply to my post, then thank you, much appreciated Derek (y)

I agree with him, they're great. I see you use a similar technique on a lot of the pics on your website. Trade secret? I'd love to know how you do it. ;)

I agree with him, they're great. I see you use a similar technique on a lot of the pics on your website. Trade secret? I'd love to know how you do it. ;)

No trade secrets tbh mate, I teach Photoshop/workshops, so tend to use a lot of the same techniques - pet photography is a huge amount easier than my usual portrait style :) - much of the effect is colour grading and lighting - I could not take an assistant with me during lockdown, so these are just natural light portraits, slightly underexposed and then brought back up.

I have a youtube channel I started a short while ago - there's not much on it yet as lockdown put a hold on everything, but if you watch one of the speed edits at slower speed and then let me know if there are any particular techniques I can expand upon - I assume I can post the link here, but mods, please do feel free to remove if necessary ;)(y)

View: https://youtu.be/758JtOBOagc

Thanks for looking at my website btw, it needs a bit of an overhaul and I cannot wait for some semblence of normality so as I can get back to adding to it! Pet photo website will be up soon, so maybe I'll post an editing video when I get a minute to myself (y)

No trade secrets tbh mate, I teach Photoshop/workshops, so tend to use a lot of the same techniques - pet photography is a huge amount easier than my usual portrait style

That's great, thanks Mike. I'm just off out with the dog for his walk before the rain hits - when I get back I shall have a look at it all. Much appreciated. :) (y)

My Dalmatian - posing like a champ (even though he's utterly sick of me pointing my camera at him during lockdown :LOL:)

YEh1Ntdh.jpg

My frieds dog Daphne - she does not keep still (at all, ever!!)

3OHulZzh.jpg

HrwFiY9h.jpg
All wonderful shots but for me No2 is a bit special.
Cheers.

Back