Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Sorry to hear this Toby. The pain takes time to heal.

I have, over the last few months, really fallen for Staffies, they are such lovely dogs...
Thanks, appreciate it (y)

Really sorry to hear this Toby, having hadthis happen a few times over the years I can appreciate how much it hurts.They really are a member of the family.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear this Toby, having hadthis happen a few times over the years I can appreciate how much it hurts.They really are a member of the family.
Thanks very much.

Our dog is starting to get old, I've found myself thinking about it more and more recently and gets me down sometimes. You really do tune into their personality.

If have been through this four times. The last time was the hardest, when two months after retirement Sheila died. I got seriously depressed.

But after a few months a new dog, a German Shepherd, came into my life, and rescued me from my depression. That is why I call her my rescue-dog.

I am very grateful (and spoil her) ... ---

Last edited:
Wife & I met this lovely little lady while we were out yesterday.

Her owner died 3 years ago when she was 2, and one of the owners friends took her on, but she was very nervous of people. With some training and a lot of exposure to being outside she is now a sweet little thing.

I thought it was a Poodle, but it's a Bichon who's hair is kept fairly short. Fur was really soft.

DSCF9468 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Yes, I'm a dog but I'm not stupid enough to go in there again...

Panasonic GX7 8GB 09 P1130770.JPG

Teazle and her gob stopper

n4QKd7a.jpg

M3SQFuY.jpg

Last edited:
These are paw some!! beautiful doggies.....

Can anyone recommend cannon lenses they find work well with their furfriends?

I am a food photographer from London, but these marvelous images of these dogs made me want to have a full day animals photoshoot. Amazing work guys.

Hi, on my walk through a moutain village to Avers-Cresta/CH yesterday, he came barking at me.

After smelling my dog (my old yeans ( ;))), we were friends. - Barking again, when I left ... :

L1019790_DxO-z35d-c-tp.jpg

Great shot, Tim, of a great looking pair of dogs.

Dave

Thanks Dave, they are very photogenic (as are most dogs) so it's easy, even more so if you have a tasty treat in your left hand as you shoot with your right ;)

...... it's easy, even more so if you have a tasty treat in your left hand as you shoot with your right ;)

Hehe. Do you find the breed divides into those who plod gently along through the world, and those for whom the world must be investigated at the highest speed possible?

Dave

Hehe. Do you find the breed divides into those who plod gently along through the world, and those for whom the world must be investigated at the highest speed possible?

Dave

Ha, I have one of each, Boy (on the right) will happily walk just behind me, so much so that I have to look around to make sure she is still there, while Freya is generally somewhere close to the horizon usually running at full tilt after something or other. Just great dogs with so much character, I love them both dearly.

Back