Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

My 'rescue' beagle Sadie getting to know the old man from the forest.

i-HHpGRmT-X2.jpg

Very nice. I love the eyes in all of them, they look so sharp and piercing.

That's the same face that my dog has at the moment. Another evening of FECKING fireworks. What the flip?
When I got my terrier (of unknown origin, but a worker) age around 9 months she was petrified of fireworks, trying to leave the house (presumably thought the bangs were inside), constant, constant movement, under chairs and so on. Before the next lot (New Year, I think) I sprayed ADAPTIL (synthetic dog hormone) liberally on bedding & my clothing and she was much improved. A year later she was nearly completely cured. Tonight I opened the door to let her out and there were some bangers going off in a nearby garden and she just decided she’d stay in but no fuss.
I’ve no idea if this works with any other dog but it’s with a try. Poppy is not a nervous dog in any other way (typical Patterdale type working terrier haha) so may not be typical.

(I’ve never had a firework nervous dog before but then I’ve always introduced them to bangs when puppies — I’ve found clay Pigeon shoots approached from a distance to be useful for that.)

Just a quick phone shot of my youngest of 6 working Cockers ( 19 weeks). Edited in phone with Snapseed.

20191225_104553_2-01-01.jpeg20191225_104553_2-01-02.jpeg

And my German Shepherd and Guard kid

20181125_112150.jpg

Last edited:
Back