Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Jessie passed away this morning. She was 14.5years old, and had kidney disease which deteriorated over the weekend.

Jessie climbing a stone step stile
by Elizabeth Oldham, on Flickr

So sorry to read this, Beth. She looks like a beauty and clearly had a happy and active life with you. We lost our old girl at the age of 16 last year and they leave such a hole but also so many great memories x

Remember the good times Beth , and be pleased she is not suffering now , Chin up lady

'BethAtTheHug' said Jessie passed away this morning. She was 14.5years old, and had kidney disease which deteriorated over the weekend. "

My condolences, they lead such short lives but pack so much love and enjoyment in they are sorely missed.

My attempt :oops: :$ at a somewhat 'artistic' portrait of Sadie (our rescued beagle) and the other lovely lady who kindly lets me share her space. :)

P1160320_finished-XL.jpg

Thanks all for the kind comments about Jessie.

Her passing has hit me pretty hard, more than our previous dogs as we spent so much time together in the hills or just away in the campervan. If I may indulge in another photo of her so soon. This is how I shall remember her - high on a hill taking in the view.

Jessie on Meall Chuaich

Sorry to hear this, it's such a blow. They are so involved in your life and are considered with almost every decision that it creates an overwhelming number of trigger points afterwards. It's a shame they have such short lives. :(

We went to the local rescue centre today... And fell in love with a wee scrap of a border collie. She's been locked up in a crate for much of her life (1+ years) apparently. Everything is new and very exciting, untrained but is already sitting on command and will lay down occasionally when she has stopped running about. Not toilet trained, but curiously she will go on a towel, or puppy pad rather than the floor if you put something down. She's very affectionate, wants lots of fuss and tummy rubs. She met Jack briefly, he told her off and she backed off. They had a sniff of each other later and neither took much offence which is promising given she's in season. The rescue's vet is visiting her on Tuesday to check her over, and may be able to tell how far through the season she is. Which may change when she can come home with us/etc. I'll know more when I visit next week.

This is Jessie's brother Jack a few years ago.

Jack

Last edited:
We went to the local rescue centre today... And fell in love with a wee scrap of a border collie. She's been locked up in a crate for much of her life (1+ years) apparently. Everything is new and very exciting, untrained but is already sitting on command and will lay down occasionally when she has stopped running about. Not toilet trained, but curiously she will go on a towel, or puppy pad rather than the floor if you put something down. She's very affectionate, wants lots of fuss and tummy rubs. She met Jack briefly, he told her off and she backed off. They had a sniff of each other later and neither took much offence which is promising given she's in season. The rescue's vet is visiting her on Tuesday to check her over, and may be able to tell how far through the season she is. Which may change when she can come home with us/etc. I'll know more when I visit next week.

This is Jessie's brother Jack a few years ago.

Jack

:clap::clap::clap: Well done on helping and rehoming a Rescue Dog.

Thanks for the recent comments about Jessie, and our new rescue. Jessie and Jack, see recent photo, were rescues too from the Dogs Trust.

So this is Skye. She came home yesterday afternoon. She's a border collie, approx 1 - 2years old and a right little handful. Very loving, loves cuddles and more cuddles even from strangers - we met two young children on their way to and from school and they stopped to fuss her, and got bounced into cuddles. They loved it, Skye loved it. Brill!

After a rather messy evening, she stayed clean and dry overnight. Which was pretty miraculous. I'm not expecting to be so fortunate tonight, but we'll see what happens. Crossing fingers!

Skye, first afternoon

Skye in Culbin Forest

Back