Dog Appreciation Thread, post your fave dog shots here...

Great catch. The way his tag is flying it almost seems he is suspended from it :).
Thank you, yes I noticed that. He'd happily do that all day long. I must try and get some picture from the opposite bank if I can drag one of my lads out with me.

Dog appreciation ???

I Brought this as it was a replacement to plastic, it is very thick metal and I thought you will not destroy that ! I was wrong!

IMG_7611.JPG

The Guilty party, It just goes to show how strong a dogs bite and teeth are !!! My daughters dog, Ozzy a German Shepherd x Rottweiler daft as a brush but he can clear a 6 foot fence !

IMG_7613.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, Basima met Bandit the first time.

Not knowing what to do, Bandit waiting for an O.K. ... :

DSC00607-a7-5-s35-c.jpg

Friendly greeting ... :

DSC00646-a7--s35-c.jpg

I have tried taking my dog, Brooke, on a few photo trips but it never really worked out. This one was local and only really a recce so I gave her another chance. What joy it was sitting in the woods with my canine pal listening to the Woodpeckers drum away and then two of them chase a Magpie from their nest. Brooke was a star sitting by my side and staying out of bother. She also makes a very good subject too.
Brooke in the Bluebells by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Had a shot at shooting Dog Agility last weekend. Fist time I have ever attended one and it was great fun. In terms of action I think it is the hardest thing I have ever shot. The courses were changed just when I got used to where the dogs would likely be over or through the obstacles. I was also out down the coast with my dog last night and liked the light shooting into the setting sun
A9_03590 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
A9_04059 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Brooke at Dunbar by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
Brooke at Dunbar by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Back