Dog Euthanasia.

Been in today to collect Finlay's ashes, he'll go in the garden near his pal Archie. Daughter is home Sunday, not looking forward to it really

My eldest childhood dog had vestibular syndrome, we woke up one day and he was walking in circles/ falling to the side! We waited a couple of weeks and he seemed to be getting better, but one night deteriorated quickly and we had to get the vet to open as an emergency, where he was put to sleep.

I watched my other two dogs be put to sleep too, and it is one of the hardest things and decisions you will ever make. I do not regret taking them out of their suffering though.

We called it when it seemed they was suffering too much. Each one was a different reason, but when they was in pain or had deteriorated so far it would have been cruel to carry on was the right time.

My thoughts are with you.

Today, Blue gave me that look, he couldn't walk and I knew today was the day. Run free my boy, I will miss you.

View attachment 242613

Seems SO wrong to like that post but Blue's out of pain and distress, wherever he may be.

So sorry to read this Dale and others have said, he is free from pain and running free.
Just remember all the fond memories you have witho Blue.

Mrs WW talks about her dogs every day. My mam still talks about dogs she had over 50 years ago.

If there's a heaven I hope dogs will be there.

I think we just have to take some comfort for giving them love and happy lives while we can.

My thoughts are with you Dale :hug:

Sad time for you Dale, my thoughts are with you and all who loved Blue.

So sorry, Dale.
Know that you gave him the best life possible.

Sorry for your loss Dale, but you knew the time was right, and you had the courage to do right by him. (y)

I’m sorry I’ve only just read this. I’m so sorry for your loss. You did the right thing for him at the right time.

Back