Dogs Unleashed

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Went to dogs unleashed on Sunday, wasn't as good as I remember from a few years ago. Was just general dogs owners in "have a go" rings rather than proper competitions, and there was less stuff going on. Maybe it was better on Saturday. Anyway, managed to get these, although in hindsight I should have taken my 150-600mm as the fencing was quite a way from the centre of the rings and my 70-200mm didn't have enough reach therefore the last two are heavy crops, with the last being 1:1.

DSC_3984
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_4073
by TDG-77, on Flickr

DSC_4197
by TDG-77, on Flickr

4. (1:1 crop)

DSC_4193
by TDG-77, on Flickr

Last edited:

I dig the eyes in #2!!!
… and the energy everywhere (y)

What breed is the dog in 3 and 4. Looks like a springer but is there something else in there?

Love the last one (y)
It looks like a full working cocker,, tad lightweight for a field spaniel, difficult to tell from the pictures

It's definitely a working Cocker, you'll not see many field spaniels and they don't tend to have the white flash,

no 4 for me! Gorgeous capture, shows just how driven they are when focussed on something :)

Excellent shots. These are my favourite type of photo! Love seeing dogs in action, full of energy.

A good set, the 70-200 may have been shorter but it didn't let you down :)

What breed is the dog in 3 and 4. Looks like a springer but is there something else in there?

Great fun snerkler, not easy to shoot these dogs you have to be there to appreciate how fast they move.

I can confirm the dog in 3 & 4 is a 'working cocker' as opposed to what I would call a 'show spaniel'. Working cockers are very intelligent athletic dogs, how do I know ? I have one. :)

Great fun snerkler, not easy to shoot these dogs you have to be there to appreciate how fast they move.

I can confirm the dog in 3 & 4 is a 'working cocker' as opposed to what I would call a 'show spaniel'. Working cockers are very intelligent athletic dogs, how do I know ? I have one. :)
Thanks. And thanks for the confirmation (y) Lovely dogs, can imagine they require a lot of exercise/stimulation though?

Here's my boy. Still getting the hang of using camera and working out what all the settings do. Just trying not to use auto modes. Criticism welcome :)

28056870560_fe2a3d8a85_o_d.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my boy. Still getting the hang of using camera and working out what all the settings do. Just trying not to use auto modes. Criticism welcome :)

28056870560_fe2a3d8a85_o_d.jpg
Looks good to me, and lovely dog.

There is a dedicated dog thread though as this is a post for a specific event called "Dogs Unleashed", rather than a general thread to post pics of dogs that aren't on a lead ;) :p General dog posting thread can be found here (y)
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-thread-post-your-fave-dog-shots-here.336888/

You'll probably get more feedback posting on there :)

Oops. OP I hadn't actually realised it was your thread about dogs unleashed, sorry! :confused: Will repeat post in dogs thread.

Oops. OP I hadn't actually realised it was your thread about dogs unleashed, sorry! :confused: Will repeat post in dogs thread.
Lol no worries, not a problem at all (y)

Back