Dolwyddelan castle

Name
Rory
Edit My Images
Yes
This has got to be one of the coldest May mornings I can recall. I got to the car by 05:15 only to find I had to scrape off a thick layer of ice off the windows !
Anyway a short drive later and I was in the hills surrounding Dolwyddelan castle. Conditions were Ok but I have known better....Off to baby sit our grandchildren now ;-)

trees by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

Dolwyddelan Castle - May 21 by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice to see you still have it Rory- I love to see you images buddy

Les :)

First one looks quite cool (literally also) but would be nice to have some more view on the top as the treeline ends rather abruptly. Second one perhaps a tighter crop around the castle?

Superb. Well worth the effort.

Two very nice landscape style shots Rory, liking both of these very much with my fav' being #2.

Cracking set Rory, lovely light, worth the early start.

I really like these Rory, particularly the castle shot. I don't know the area at all, but it certainly gives the impression of dominating what must have been a very lonely landscape.

Just as an aside, it was snowing quite heavily in Edinburgh at 6am this morning! Thankfully it didn't lie or last for very long.

To my untrained eyes I like the ethereal look of #1 but from more experienced members I see far more praise for #2.

Can I ask you to shed some light on what makes #2 artistically better?

To my untrained eyes I like the ethereal look of #1 but from more experienced members I see far more praise for #2.

Can I ask you to shed some light on what makes #2 artistically better?
Taste. To you and I, #1 is the better image. To some, though, castles trump trees. ;)

Last edited:
Love #2. Not so keen on #1. Purely down to my taste. Sorry.

Back