Dom's 52-21- A year older, but none the wiser. Wk:1 Fruit

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I am rubbish at still life because this sort of thing is what I'd like to recreate but I fail every time. I love the subtle muted tones in this, the arrangement, the background. It all shows careful consideration and lighting. The stalk on the 2nd fruit up that overlaps the spoon is really the only (epically pedantic) thing I'm not keen on, but I really had to dig that out because this is a fine effort IMO.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Lovely shot and very well put together!

Edit My Images
Yes
I really like this - I like the composition and I very much like the colours and lighting you have achieved. LIke @Harlequin565, this is something I'd love to be able to do, but have never managed it - so kudos to you, and I shall be watching to see if I can get some inspiration for the future!

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
excellent work as are all your still lives
you seem to have settled on a style of processing that works so well on this type of image

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent work: the lighting, the arrangement of items and the processing are all flawless.

The only aspect which niggled slightly when I first saw the image soon after you posted it, and why I haven't commented until now - trying to put my finger on it - is the verticality of it all. Portrait format with the "spoon" aligned up and down, on a table with joins aligned up and down. Something at a bit of an angle *might* have been better; or not.

Impressive work, I hope to see many more of them.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Oh you are just so good at this kind of thing Dominic. :clap:

Looks perfect ... ok if I must comment, on the tiniest little change I wouldn't mind seeing:

Four fruit down near the handle could be moved up top. (?)

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet
Name
FUJI SON
Edit My Images
No
Another great Still Life image from you Dominic, beautifully taken and set up.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I really like the diagonal strip of light, with the darkened corners beyond that, it really works with the composition.

Edit My Images
No
I really like that. It’s the sort of shot I’d love to be able to take. I’d like to think now I’ve seen yours I could create a similar effect but I seem to lack the imagination to form such designs myself :)