Dom's 52-21- A year older, but none the wiser. Wk: 18 Numbers

OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Wk: 11 Smooth

A couple to choose from, but i'm going for this one as my main image.

untitled-4.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

This is the same Crocus flower from the other side.

untitled-3-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

And then there's this one.

untitled-58-Edit-2.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

This is how they were taken. Softbox behind, with two pieces of foam board either side and angled in as tightly as possible but staying out of shot.
There was lots of cleaning up in photoshop to remove blemishes and pollen on the petals.

2021-03-20_03-32-41 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Lovely image Dominic. The subtle colours work well to enhance that soft feeling. White background too. Perhaps a tad narrow for my liking I'd like to see a bit more space on the sides, but that's just a personal thing. Very nice entry.

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Really nice images and great to see how you've cereated them. well done on all of the images, any of them would fit

blakester

Shine On Harvest Moon
Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
As Ian said above, a lovely image Dominic.
It's maybe a little too central in the frame for my taste but again, that's a personal thing.
It's well lit, enhancing the colours of the flower, good work.

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
A nice set of pictures I think the second one with the splash of orange stands out though

Name
bill boyd
Edit My Images
No
Nice Dominic. I think #2 works best for me. Kind of "opposite day" as far as technique goes :)

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
FEELING GOOD
Edit My Images
No
All are great shots Dominic, but for me it's got to be #2 as well totally love it and thanks for the pull back shot.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Lovely images. I love the delicacy of the crocus and you've caught it beautifully. Once again, thanks for adding the back story.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice cat portrait! Unlike my cat, her eyes are open - clear evidence of life.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Excellent portrait and bang on theme. Great lighting, good focus bang on the eyes and the surrounding darkness focusses us right on the subject. Excellent shot!

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
That's beautiful!

The lighting feels like an old Master's painting.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
While not a fan of cats I do think this an excellent portrait with stunning lighting. Well taken.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Well captured and lit. I wish I could get mine to pose... he disappears as soon as you point a camera in his direction!

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
FEELING GOOD
Edit My Images
No
Another great image from you Dominic, love the colours.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
That's got a bit of everything, a really nice layout, I love how the Daffs reinforce the springtime connection with Easter. The colours really elevate it too.

Name
Roxanne
Edit My Images
No
Amazing portrait for your Alive entry - I love the moody/regal feel. So perfect!
and your Easter entry just perfectly sums up my Easter in one picture. Love the layout and the pops of colours... brilliant flat lay :)

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Another tick for the composition from me too Dom.
I'm a sucker for deliberate crops into the subject, and with the spoon pointing at the jug & knife, which the handle points to the tray, it just works wonderfully.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Agree with all the above re composition.. the colours and layout make a great image from a simple subject.

OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Wk:14 Spring

Ok, so this may not jump out at you as Spring, i would rather have taken a photo of these Anemone Blanda blue in situ. But i can't bend my knee far enough to get low down, so i brought these three indoors from the garden.
I'm not to happy with the crop, but there would have been a sea of black above, if i hadn't letterboxed it.

untitled-3.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

A couple of different versions

untitled-11.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-5.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Dominic

1st one is nice with good contrast between the petals and the background, but the 3rd one wins it for me.

Pete