Dom's 52-21- A year older, but none the wiser. Wk: 36 Unnatural

Wk: 11 Smooth

A couple to choose from, but i'm going for this one as my main image.

untitled-4.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

This is the same Crocus flower from the other side.

untitled-3-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

And then there's this one.

untitled-58-Edit-2.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

This is how they were taken. Softbox behind, with two pieces of foam board either side and angled in as tightly as possible but staying out of shot.
There was lots of cleaning up in photoshop to remove blemishes and pollen on the petals.

2021-03-20_03-32-41 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Lovely image Dominic. The subtle colours work well to enhance that soft feeling. White background too. Perhaps a tad narrow for my liking I'd like to see a bit more space on the sides, but that's just a personal thing. Very nice entry.

Really nice images and great to see how you've cereated them. well done on all of the images, any of them would fit

As Ian said above, a lovely image Dominic.
It's maybe a little too central in the frame for my taste but again, that's a personal thing.
It's well lit, enhancing the colours of the flower, good work.

A nice set of pictures I think the second one with the splash of orange stands out though

Nice Dominic. I think #2 works best for me. Kind of "opposite day" as far as technique goes :)

Lovely images. I love the delicacy of the crocus and you've caught it beautifully. Once again, thanks for adding the back story.

Knowing how tricky cats can be that's an excellent portrait!

Really like the vignette to frame the subject too. Works really well.

Nice cat portrait! Unlike my cat, her eyes are open - clear evidence of life.

As already said, that's a nice portrait Dom :)

Alive
Lovely portrait of your cat, looks very distnguished, will it get a place on a wall?

That's beautiful!

The lighting feels like an old Master's painting.

While not a fan of cats I do think this an excellent portrait with stunning lighting. Well taken.

That is a really lovely portrait of your cat. Looks classical. Is it window light? Lovely catchlights in the eyes too.

There's no way in the world I could get my cat to pose.

Well captured and lit. I wish I could get mine to pose... he disappears as soon as you point a camera in his direction!

The composition on this is sublime for me. I love the colours, but the composition is really tidy and satisfying.

Big thumbs up here!

Well thought out Dom, nicely composed

That's got a bit of everything, a really nice layout, I love how the Daffs reinforce the springtime connection with Easter. The colours really elevate it too.

Amazing portrait for your Alive entry - I love the moody/regal feel. So perfect!
and your Easter entry just perfectly sums up my Easter in one picture. Love the layout and the pops of colours... brilliant flat lay :)

Another tick for the composition from me too Dom.
I'm a sucker for deliberate crops into the subject, and with the spoon pointing at the jug & knife, which the handle points to the tray, it just works wonderfully.

Agree with all the above re composition.. the colours and layout make a great image from a simple subject.

Wk:14 Spring

Ok, so this may not jump out at you as Spring, i would rather have taken a photo of these Anemone Blanda blue in situ. But i can't bend my knee far enough to get low down, so i brought these three indoors from the garden.
I'm not to happy with the crop, but there would have been a sea of black above, if i hadn't letterboxed it.

untitled-3.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

A couple of different versions

untitled-11.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-5.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

A nice choice, but I think I would have gone for #3 which is lovely.

Hi Dominic

1st one is nice with good contrast between the petals and the background, but the 3rd one wins it for me.

Pete

Back