Dom's 52-21- A year older, but none the wiser. Wk: 36 Unnatural

Really like the dominating shot the structure on top of the hill does stand out.

Nice butterfly looks excellent on Flickr.

Nice pair Dom, (y)
I really like the detailed droplets on the flutterby..

The butterfly is beautiful, it looks much better larger too.

I like the Butterfly, nice details and steady, Shame about the haze but it's a big hill.

Pete

Lovely shot.. the water droplets are an impressive addition.

Both pictures are great, the detail of the butterfly is amazing. I tend to end up not having the whole subject in focus.

Nice cat shots - I have the same sort of idea - just got to try and pin her down..... :ROFLMAO:

I think you chose the right one. Almost looks like she has "chin in hand". B&W works really well for it too.

Nice collection of cat shots but the first one is very good it’s not a normal type of portrait and all the better for it

I like the mono cat shots. #3 would be my favourite - an intelligent and lively expression. I'm lucky to see mine with his eyes open :D

You have captured some great pictures there, I had the same problem with my cat. I had to wait until he was asleep before taking the picture. I think you chose the right picture too.

Last edited:
Glass is a very well shot set up! Like 'emn all!

Good one for snappers too.

Glass is lovely particularly the first one, snappers choice works for the technique though very much overshadowed by the glass images

Really like glass. I think they're all fab and would make lovely wall prints.

Clean - Yes, I can see it works for the theme.
Glass - Oooh, very hard to decide, I think #1 just edges over #2 for me. I really like the tones in those two shots.
Snappers - Quite an 80's portrait feel to that, with the soft slightly washed look.

Wk: 36 Unnatural

This was a damn hard theme for me.
Anyway i came up with this. It may not be blindingly obvious at first because it looks natural, but this is a hybrid rose, so has been made in an unnatural way.

untitled.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

A hybrid fits the theme. I also found it a tough one. I like the crop and depth of field.

Glass - love these. Hard to choose a favourite, but I think no. 2 pips it for me.

Clean - I know the feeling :) We've taken to wrapping ours in plastic bags between sessions.

Snapper's and technique - lovely dreamy image. I really like soft palette of this shot.

Hands - I'd had a similar thought, but to shoot the card faces. I really like how you've done this with the reflection of the hands, so it's a hand of cards in the hands.

Fur - lovely cat shots - impossible to choose. My cat is never accommodating. I usually get the slitty eyed look - which I think is how they communicate in a good way, but not great for photos.

Back