Dom's 52-21- A year older, but none the wiser. Wk: 9 Reflection

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
You couldn't build a set like that.

So you see these things, think that'll make a good photo one day. And it does. :)

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
I like this a lot.. the light and tones make a great image. It doesn't looked as though it's been touched in years so well set up too.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely textures and a really nice warmth to it. I can't think of anything I'd want to change.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
An excellent image, I don't mind the join at all.

Your wood shed is very very large.

Pete

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
I like that the lamp has interesting patterns the setting and the vignette suit it

OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Wk: 3 Rock

Well a bit of a break from the norm this week, i actually took a photo outside. I can't really decide which one i prefer.
These were shot in a wooded area adjacent to the estate i live and work on (it used to be part of the estate, but was sold many moons ago).

untitled-19.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-17.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

This shot i'm not sure about, i can't seem to get it (edit)right. The Rock that the root is growing over seems to get lost in the overall photo and the whole thing looks a bit of a mess.

untitled-12-Edit-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
I think the first one it’s a better composition I really like that one. As for the rock and root shot not sure black and white is the way to go as you say it’s all a bit lost, maybe a muted colour conversion :thinking:.

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
First one for me too, and I agree the detail is lost in the root image, I guess you didn't like the colour version any better.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Definitely the first one. Third one? Meh.

Edit My Images
Yes
First for me too - very nicely composed and the smooth water is great.

The B&W root is definitely lost I'm afraid - that one doesn't quite work for me unfortunately. Keep working it - I hope you get the shot you're envisaging!

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
#1 is cute .... loving that verdance ... perfect light.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
No1 all the way - well shot.

Cobra

Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
Definitely #1 lots to see in there, it actually looks like a detailed model,
and IMO that's half its charm.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I prefer the first one Dominic as I like the composition better. I think the third has potential but in muted colour and with the light slightly more diffused.

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
The first shot is beautifully lit, framed and has some lovely detail. Definitely the best of the three for me.

OP
Nostromo
Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Wk: 4 Tall

This is the foot bridge to the Severn valley railway, Bridgnorth.
It was a grey old day, so no nice clouds, just an expanse of grey. Exposure was a bit tricky, trying to keep the sky from blowing out, but having enough leeway to lighten the bridge and buildings in pp.

untitled-2.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Last edited:
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Nice symmetrical image I know what you mean about the sky I delayed shooting mine for a day, I don’t think it’s too much of a problem with this as it’s about the lines and the symmetry

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Dominic

I think the grey makes it, so well done on the final result.
I Like the POV, to me it seems like the verticals are off a tiny bit to the left hand side, could be I have my glasses on wonky, but I know it is incredibly tricky to get things all lined up.

Pete

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Plenty of interesting shapes, but definitely tricky to get it all aligned, which has succeeded. I'm presuming you have the camera either on the ground or very close to it

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
I like the low perspective on this and the processing is spot on - I can't image it would work in colour with such low light. Looking forward to trying similar now I have a articulating screen.

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
No
Excellent very subtle, lovely touch of colour you have handled the exposure really

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
that is lovely. As others have said, great lighting, well exposed and soooooo soft, in a good way! To me I'd say that's a fine art shot you could sell