Dom's 52-21- A year older, but none the wiser. Wk: 36 Unnatural

Beautifully done... can't say much else. I really like this.

what a lovely orchid image, nothing to criticise there, it's just sublime!

How subtle is that?... Love it. The larger you view it the better it gets!

A bit behind with comments I'm afraid!

Tall. I like the low angle and mono processing.
Snapper's: Lovely soft lighting which hols the detail nicely. Nicely composed too.

Orchid image is very pleasing to the eye, with try he seperation between the petals being achieved. Definitely can see it on a wall, would suit one of the room sets in an Ikea

Good work Dominic, when I first saw your image in the submissions thread I got the pair of pears bit but was wondering about the staples :) I now see what you did there and managed to get in another re'pair'ed (y)
I particularly like your lighting in these, how have you achieved this, if you don't mind me asking?

The first portrait one for me, clever idea with the staples also.
Very good as always Dominic

Excellent - very original and well executed. I think you chose the right crop (portrait) for my money.

Very interesting. I like the first with the empty space, just works.

I particularly like your lighting in these, how have you achieved this, if you don't mind me asking?

No i don't mind.

So this the shot of the Pair of Pears, but the lighting was the same for all of the photos.
The soft box only had the inner diffuser attached, the big diffuser is there to soften the light a bit more. The light on the right is there to fill in the shadows on the right hand side and to light the background. As you can see the speedlight is not really pointing at the pears, but more the top of the background.
Please forgive my home studio (the lounge).

I've included the unedited versions too. I'm not afraid to admit that there was i fair bit of pp involved.

PXL_20210214_094230116.jpg

untitled-12.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-5.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Great image Dominic, I like the portrait more than the square crop.

Nice set - a staple diet :)

Well done for maximising the "pear".
Great to see the set up on this - and the end result looks great. I would have chosen the same for the main thread.

Really like it. Shows imagination and a sense of humour, and is well executed with far more effort than I'd ever expend!

1st one for me. Really like the space in the image. Well done.

A great idea nicely shot.

I favour the portrait shot, but I'm not sure why.... it just feels better.

That's brilliant, especially the different repair jobs.

And thanks for the pull back.

I do like all of them but have to say the first one is the one for me, love the PP too, very high quality of photography there mate!

Also like that youve shown the setup etc too I think this is great for others to see just what can be done and where. (y) (y)

Very clever take on the theme. For me it's the closer square cropped image (#2). Great lighting etc.

Lovely set Dominic, beautifully lit. I prefer the portrait crop as I like the space around the pears. I particularly like the single pear pic too.

Great idea and well executed. I think #1 is my favourite but the square crop is nice as well.

Thanks for the set up shots as well, it's very helpful to see how shots have been created.

Very clever and well executed. I definitely prefer the portrait version as well :)

I love your pair of re-paired pears and I like the portrait crop best. Lovely lighting and composition.

Thanks for sharing your set up.

I thought of doing that for Grease. Nice lighting.

Made me laugh,
its one of those images that make you kick yourself

Back