Dom's 52 for 2019 - Week 15 "Above"

Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
Food is a cool image I have the P20 and it sticks out good images. Smooth LP is another good shot and colourful too. Above is a very nice shot with good composition and a nice moody looking sky as well.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Above
I tried to get a shot with the rapeseed in for above, but didn't manage it.
You've got a good shot there, I think you could give it another stop of exposure though.

Edit My Images
Yes
Great above shot. Really love the contrast in colours to this, plus the telephone lines cutting through it to give a different edge to it

I'm hoping to catch a few images like this myself over the bank holiday weekend

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice catch up.
FOOD - Not sure I would eat that soup myself, but the photo is great!
SMOOTH - Wonderful idea for smooth. The exposure creating the smoothness! Cool!
ABOVE - I like the overall composition in this one, along with the contrasts and the positioning of the telephone lines.

OP
OP
DomRim
Name
Dom
Edit My Images
Yes
Food is a cool image I have the P20 and it sticks out good images. Smooth LP is another good shot and colourful too. Above is a very nice shot with good composition and a nice moody looking sky as well.
Thanks Dave. My Huawei makes a good back up when I don't have the Fuji to hand.

Above
I tried to get a shot with the rapeseed in for above, but didn't manage it.
You've got a good shot there, I think you could give it another stop of exposure though.
Thanks Dominic. I did have a more exposed version, i might revisit this in lightroom later.

Great above shot. Really love the contrast in colours to this, plus the telephone lines cutting through it to give a different edge to it

I'm hoping to catch a few images like this myself over the bank holiday weekend
Thanks Ian, worth venturing out into the fields for sure. Hopefully the weather is good for everyone.

Nice catch up.
FOOD - Not sure I would eat that soup myself, but the photo is great!
SMOOTH - Wonderful idea for smooth. The exposure creating the smoothness! Cool!
ABOVE - I like the overall composition in this one, along with the contrasts and the positioning of the telephone lines.
Thanks Bob.

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Great images Dom, well done catching up too!(y)
Food: I like the colours and warmth of this image, and for SOOC it's jolly good - nice DoF too!
Smooth: Stunning image! Brilliant colours and great use of long exposure to smooth out the record....dare I say....it's groovy!!:giggle:
Above: This has a real 'summery' feel....wonderful warmth and mood, and the lines work really well. Composition is spot on. Very nice indeed!
:clap:

OP
OP
DomRim
Name
Dom
Edit My Images
Yes
Great images Dom, well done catching up too!(y)
Food: I like the colours and warmth of this image, and for SOOC it's jolly good - nice DoF too!
Smooth: Stunning image! Brilliant colours and great use of long exposure to smooth out the record....dare I say....it's groovy!!:giggle:
Above: This has a real 'summery' feel....wonderful warmth and mood, and the lines work really well. Composition is spot on. Very nice indeed!
:clap:
Thanks Gareth!

I like your above shot though it could do with a bit of a lift.
Smooth works very well, a nice image indeed.
Thanks Allan.

OP
OP
DomRim
Name
Dom
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a slight re edit. I think I still prefer the first as moody and gloomy was the feel I was going for. Out of curiosity, what brightness do people have their monitors/laptops/iMacs to when you are post processing? Got mine at 50% to try and get an unbiased view of an image.

Flickr

32689387857_1f69247760_k.jpg

Last edited:
Name
susie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Dom some smashing shots here on your thread, the stand out ones for me are:

WET I just love this one, the colour tones the softness, everything about it, it should be hanging on a wall.

FREE That's a very unique image, perfectly positioned in the frame.

SMOOTH The colour of the disc is fabulous, the only niggle for me are the white specks on the black, but that's just my OCD, they don't detract from it being such an eye catching shot.

ABOVE Must admit I prefer the brighter shot, I just think that the rape seed oil is such a stunning colour its a shame not to show it off, Perfect angle with the telephone lines and poles, spot on for the theme.

I think computer screens are a nightmare, I tend to work on my main computer, then check it on my ipad, then on my phone, and every one looks different :runaway:

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi Dom,

Smooth - What a great photo. Nice and simple but such a good composition, exposure and choice of vinyl. Cracking shot :clap:
Above - The second shot for me I think. Lovely colours in the Rapeseed (my mid 2010 iMac 27" is at half way on brightness).