Donington WSBK 2018

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
A few pics from a very wet Donington Park on the Friday practise day.
I much prefer the shots from the morning when it was pouring down to the dull lifeless shots from the afternoon.
All shot through the fence at Mcleans with the Canon 7DMk2 and 500 F4 Mk2.

i-4x45L4B-XL.jpg

i-dBtn9RR-XL.jpg

i-rHQNCRK-XL.jpg

i-VNPZgsm-XL.jpg

I'm very much a novice really and did think about the 5d series but thought I better learn to walk before I attempting to run
I had a 600d before so a great step up from that. My next door neighbour had the 5d mark iv and rates it also. I'm now slowly investing in some nice glass and eventually will probably get a ff in a few years. Cheers

I'm very much a novice really and did think about the 5d series but thought I better learn to walk before I attempting to run
I had a 600d before so a great step up from that. My next door neighbour had the 5d mark iv and rates it also. I'm now slowly investing in some nice glass and eventually will probably get a ff in a few years. Cheers
Most modern cameras will give great results. The glass is the biggest helping factor. The 500mm is great at obliterating the fence out of the shots and giving the subject a bit of pop from the background. Unfortunately, it comes at a big price on the wallet and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a pain to carry around all day. The 100-400 Mk2 is an excellent lens that I also use a lot. It takes the 1.4X tcon pretty good too which always helps.

Gary

Most modern cameras will give great results. The glass is the biggest helping factor. The 500mm is great at obliterating the fence out of the shots and giving the subject a bit of pop from the background. Unfortunately, it comes at a big price on the wallet and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a pain to carry around all day. The 100-400 Mk2 is an excellent lens that I also use a lot. It takes the 1.4X tcon pretty good too which always helps.

Gary

Cheers Gary.
I'm slowly building my lens collection. Have not long had the Tamron 100-400mm which for the money is a great first ff zoom lens for me. Seems very sharp too. Also have a tamron 24-70 vc. Maybe one day I'll go for a longer prime as from what I've seen the IQ is in another league.
Cheers,
Mike

Like all of those and the rain and clearer visors always makes for more interesting shots.

Still find I use the 7D MKII on the bigger primes most of the time at BSB and just stick with the 1DX MKII for pitlane mainly,as long as the ISO doesn't go way up the 7D MKII is a stunning little camera if you get a good one.

Like all of those and the rain and clearer visors always makes for more interesting shots.

Still find I use the 7D MKII on the bigger primes most of the time at BSB and just stick with the 1DX MKII for pitlane mainly,as long as the ISO doesn't go way up the 7D MKII is a stunning little camera if you get a good one.

what ISO do you class as high mate, are there bad 7d§s out there, how do you spot them ?????

Cheers Gary.
I'm slowly building my lens collection. Have not long had the Tamron 100-400mm which for the money is a great first ff zoom lens for me. Seems very sharp too. Also have a tamron 24-70 vc. Maybe one day I'll go for a longer prime as from what I've seen the IQ is in another league.
Cheers,
Mike
Tamron are making some very nice lenses at the minute and you have a couple of good ones there.

Gary

I prefer the 7D2 for motorsport/aviation myself. Can never seem to get close enough for bikes when you are the wrong side of the fence and you don't like shooting sideways on (which I don't normally). Getting a good one is a problem I have had. My first one was horrendous when shooting in ai servo with backlighting. Everything would just go really soft and on many occasions I've had to resort to putting the camera away and swapping over to the 5Dmk3/5Dmk4. My 2nd 7Dmk2 was just a full on dog which was eventually replaced by the supplier. The 3rd one seems ok and after getting all my whites calibrated on it by Camercal is producing some excellent shots.

Gary

what ISO do you class as high mate, are there bad 7d§s out there, how do you spot them ?????
Read my previous post regarding my experiences. The iso performance is ok on the 7DMk2. Granted, it's no 5DMk4 but it gets the job done. Pictures 1 and 3 above are taken at ISO 1000, 1/320 sec, F5.6 at 700mm with the 500mm + 1.4 tcon attached.

Gary

Great set, all tack sharp and excellent colours. There really is something about Canon L glass that makes colours pop.

My first 7D MKII refused to work correctly with I think the 70-200 which I returned but then they released a firmware update for that very problem a week later which fixed the issue but by that time I had sourced another unit which has worked like a dream ever since.

My limit with the 7D MKII normally is 6400 ISO but with the 1DX MKII I just forget about it as it needs to be almost dusk before that gets grainy LOL,would love to have a play with a 5D MKIV one day.

The early afternoon provided conditions I really dislike for bike photography. A wet track but no rain. As soon as the lean angle of the bikes goes it makes getting the types of shots I like really difficult. The early afternoon was spent on the inside of Redgate ( a location I'm not a lover of ) but I was really struggling for motivation with the conditions.

i-Cs5Dsmq-XL.jpg

i-jmPsjMh-XL.jpg

i-VLbJNRj-XL.jpg

i-CH23vMn-XL.jpg

Gary

An absolutely super set! #2 wins it for me. The DoF is to die for! All great shots!

Back