Donna Nook . Any point in Dec?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Juts loking at the map and I am close to donna nook on sat 30th dec... It rang a bell having heard it mentioned on these forums.. never been but wondered if it was worth a visit this time of year ?

This was today's post from Donna Nook Warden -
On a gloomy morning, only 4 bulls, 4 cows and 37 pups on view

Pretty much over for the seals this season :(

This was their post a few weeks back which shows you just how many are born there :)

Wow! 2024 pups have now been born at Donna Nook National Nature Reserve. This is the first year we've had more than 2000 pups born! Thank you to all our volunteers who help look after the site. We couldn't do it without you!

This was today's post from Donna Nook Warden -
On a gloomy morning, only 4 bulls, 4 cows and 37 pups on view

Pretty much over for the seals this season :(

Oh well.. THANKS... Was just a thought ..Might have aride round..am only 15 miles away in afternoon so thought maybe go early and have a morning mooch.. I am shooting football in afternoon so will ahve the 400mm wiht me...

Oh well.. THANKS... Was just a thought ..Might have aride round..am only 15 miles away in afternoon so thought maybe go early and have a morning mooch.. I am shooting football in afternoon so will ahve the 400mm wiht me...
If your already that close I would go only need to see one and get a good picture :)

I've not been in December, but I was under the impression the traffic and parking can be a bit hectic over the Christmas period given the narrow roads and modest carpark.

I've not been in December, but I was under the impression the traffic and parking can be a bit hectic over the Christmas period given the narrow roads and modest carpark.

I read about that and the s official web site even advises not to go at weekend.. and its a sat I am there .....erk ;(

This is Donnar Nook Dec 25th 2012.

There was plenty of space to park and about 50 people between 11:00 - 15:00. It's too late in the year for lots of people. It was a record year this year over 2000 pups.So there could still be a few there.

There was about 40 in all 20 close in and 20 waters edge.

BBB_4967.jpg

Close in at your feet. Close up.

BBB_4904.jpg

BBB_4758.jpg

The best time is November but don't go during the half term. Go from 12:00 on and the sun gets behined you then.if the plane is doing it's practice bombing runs some good shots are available also. Sometimes the moon is out.

BBB_3896.JPG

BBB_3948.JPG

This is Donnar Nook Dec 25th 2012.

There was plenty of space to park and about 50 people between 11:00 - 15:00. It's too late in the year for lots of people. It was a record year this year over 2000 pups.So there could still be a few there.

Cheers.. hope to be there around 11.30 to 12 noon this sat... hopefully somehtign worth shooting... thanks :)

The best time is November but don't go during the half term. Go from 12:00 on and the sun gets behined you then.if the plane is doing it's practice bombing runs some good shots are available also. Sometimes the moon is out.

eeerm ?? :)

If you didn't realise Donna Nook is also an air force base and the beach is their target practice area, you are allowed on all the footpaths but not the beach when the red flags fly :)

haha no.. I thought he had turned left instead of right and posted in the wrong thread :)

No idea no.... thanks... brilliant sign haha

Back