Donnie's 52 2017 - Week 26,27,28 and all added!!!

Like the varied textures and shades of brown Paul. Great lighting and thanks for the explanation of the set up. I've just got a speedlight and now I've got to learn to use it, so that sort of info really helps

I really like the composition and the colours, great shot!

Really like that, great complimentary colours and shapes in the board and the coffee cup, very well put together

Evolve
The evolving future of the Airship industry and currently the largest Aircraft on the planet!
Taken early the morning of April 20th 2017, the Airlander 10 sits patiently for more pre flight tests today before taking to the air once more. More information on this new breed of Hybrid AIr Vehicle here. https://www.hybridairvehicles.com/

Week 14 - Evolve by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Is that still at Cardington hangers ?

Certainly is, there was some engine testing going on today, I suspect that they may be flying within the next week or so.

Wonderful sunrise colours and I like the crop too. I hadn't heard of this before I saw your picture - it's a pity about it's nickname!

Indeed LOL.

Excellent choice for Hold, love the angle and all the complementary colours.
Evolve looks like something from science fiction, brilliant idea to to take it a sunrise, a really eye catching photo.

I think you mean Above not hold:confused: But appreciate the comments :):)

Evolve
The evolving future of the Airship industry and currently the largest Aircraft on the planet!
Taken early the morning of April 20th 2017, the Airlander 10 sits patiently for more pre flight tests today before taking to the air once more. More information on this new breed of Hybrid AIr Vehicle here. https://www.hybridairvehicles.com/

Week 14 - Evolve by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Just found out that the image also made it onto Flickr's Explore with nearly 6500!! views and over 200 faves. I know explores a lottery but still pleased :)

Boy am I behind!?

Week 15 - Hold

Week 15 - Hold by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

A quick shot of me holding one of our chickens in the garden.
I used off camera flash, flash was set at 18mm, 1/2 power, camera right and set about 2 foot higher than my head. Light was softened slightly by using a white plastic bag as a softbox, this was enough to stop the light being harsh but still cast a decent shadow onto the shed to give some depth to the shot.
Flash was triggered via yongnuo wireless triggers and a self timer set at 10 seconds.

Thats excellent a great portrait and the whole setting is really well thought out, the spade and the shed couldn't be better

slightly bizarre but brilliant :clap:

Above - Lovely shot, the complimentary colours and shapes in the chopping board set it off perfectly.
Evolve - Lovely composition and the sunrise provides a stunning backdrop.
Hold - Really well-taken and slightly weird (in a good way) selfie.

Well this looks slightly spooky, and I like the composition and the pose. I hope the chicken didn't come to harm!

Love this, it made me laugh. You look so serious holding that chicken. Great lighting and pose :clap::D

Rarely comment on catchup as hard enough with weekly comments, but loving this one. very quirky and has a feal League Of Gentleman feel to it, if you've watched it on TV.

Cheers.

what a wacky image with man holding chicken with shed. Excellent ... perfect lighting. :clap:

Back