Dopey old sod

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
I class myself as quiet clever and even at my tender age I show friends how to process in photoshop and set there cameras up etc .. well the other day I decided I wanted to watch something on the t.v in my office ,but on turning it on I couldn’t get it to tune in to any channels , tried a indoor Ariel still no joy,took it out to the caravan nothing again .... said to the wife the tuners gone I’ll take it down the tip tomorrow .. she asked the lad to have a look at it tonight .he turned it on set it to digital t.v and it worked ,dopey old sod here had changed it to analogue for some reason . :exit::exit::exit:

I feel your pain, things are far too complicated these days, and not always for the better.

Job for the weekend is connecting the Canon app to the camera, what was wrong with a sinple cable release?

Things are getting worse, I am amused & dismayed at the array of products which participate in the 'Internet of things'..... being able to control my central heating from the other side of the world with my phone, or having my fridge recommend recipes for me are two which come to mind. As for LED light bulbs that I can dim and change colour via my phone......

My central heating has a timer & heating zones & it happily turns itself on & off at preset times that suit my lifestyle and we have good old cookery books that are useful for meal ideas.

Last edited:
quiet clever and tried an indoor Ariel
Glad you dont shout and would that be the 3 wheeled Ariel (BSA) or an Atom, which is probably why your TV didnt work. :)

Back