weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2017 I'm Back Again! Weeks 1, 3 and 7 Added

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Andrea I'm quite proud of the fact I managed to complete 2016.

Now on to 2017.

My aims for this year are *

• Not to use archive images (unless I'm well and truly stuck)
  • Try and think outside the box as much as possible.
  • Try and comment on as many threads that I can to offer encouragement and support to my fellow 52 ers.
  • Not use too many shoehorns (unless that is the theme....

I have an idea for Week 0 just need time to shoot it and get my thinking cap on for Week 1

Right get ready this is going to be fun it maybe tough at times but it will be FUN!

* I'm making no promises that any of these will last but I will try to keep to them all

Still here and working on getting my images! Been really busy at work and looking at cars.......

Terrific shots Mark. I like the Minnie/Mini combination of #1 for Song Title but #2 smacks you in the face more I think. Comfortable #2 for me, mainly because it's cricket on the telly and we just won the ODI ha ha. (Like the lamp stand). :)

Good one Mark, like the 2nd more, nice and clear and all on theme :)
Comfort, good clean shot, might of been better having the spot light off :)

Thanks David I did think about turning the spotlight off but forgot to try it!

Terrific shots Mark. I like the Minnie/Mini combination of #1 for Song Title but #2 smacks you in the face more I think. Comfortable #2 for me, mainly because it's cricket on the telly and we just won the ODI ha ha. (Like the lamp stand). :)

Thanks Carl the car is called Micky (yes I give my cars names....) as he is Red and Black and I as the Speedo and Air Vents look like Micky's head so it sort of fitted!

Definitely song title #1 for me - the dashboard shape and Micky compliment each other brilliantly. I really like your choice for comfort too - my living room is definitely where I feel most comfortable :)

Thanks Emma sadly we have the car up for sale......:crying: but we have a new one coming another MINI :woot:

It is lovely to sit there with the curtains drawn and fire burning on a cold miserable night or morning!

I too like the light stand, but feel it needs to be off as my eye is drawn to the edge of the frame too quickly, but certainly a cosy looking room with the curtains shut and that fire :)

<EDIT>How did I miss your mini shots... liking them all, some odd white patches in the first although I like that wider crop the most, I like how you changed the music track for each shot too :D

Last edited:
I too like the light stand, but feel it needs to be off as my eye is drawn to the edge of the frame too quickly, but certainly a cosy looking room with the curtains shut and that fire :)

<EDIT>How did I miss your mini shots... liking them all, some odd white patches in the first although I like that wider crop the most, I like how you changed the music track for each shot too :D

Thanks Dean I think I will have to revisit comfy.

I really need to sort order out I wish that had come out in a few weeks time I could of used my latest purchase as a prop!!

Oh look a Mini and a picture of a Mini, well shoe horned Mark :D

The 3rd mini (dials) work best, they just seem clearer somehow, IMO.

#2 for song works best in my opinion, without the steering wheel in the frame.

And of course #2 with footie on the telly for comfort! :)

Hi Mark and welcome back :wave:

#3 song title for me but inly cos it's one of my favourite songs as I like all three (y)

Comfort, I find the spotlight distracting but love the Mini rug in the floor. Does this mean you like cars :LOL:

Hi Mark ...good to see you in for another year.

First song choice for me, I think the composition is best on that one, it works really well ...an original idea too.
Comfort ...it certainly does look comfy ...shame you had to do it in daylight ...the light through the curtains is a bit distracting ...love the Mini rug :)

Unlike Susie I prefer the closer cropped photos for the song title/s. Like Susie, I can't help feeling that the light through the curtains is distracting. I Iove the decor in the living room.

Inicidentally, what kind of car do you drive?

Hi Mark

Nice looking Mini interior (if a little dusty), nice approach to the theme too.

Love that spotlight. I want one.

So you've finally gotten around to starting then Mark? ;)

Song Title - Let me guess... Madness - Driving in my Car ? I'm going to be picky and point our the sloping horizontals at the top, but to be fair, the display is level.

Comfort - #1 of the two shots for me, because there is more warmth to the colours. I'm going to differ from those commenting on the spotlight. I think it adds balance to the shot as you've got the fire and the telly as bright spots, this adds a third on the other side of the frame.

Song - I think the first pic, much better composition for me. My only niggle is the dust particles all over the dashboard, id of been tempted to give it a quick polish or something before shooting the image.

Comfort - I much prefer the second image, I cant help but think that the big spot light is a bit of a distraction.

Also hoping to be at the meets in a couple of weeks time! (May try and drag my brother along!)

Week 5 Mineral

Really wanted to get out and get a photograph of the local Sandstone cliffs but the way the weather I gave up on that idea so

I went out in the the garden and took a few images of the rocks in the garden.

WEEK 5 MINERAL (2 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And this was taken over new year on a walk along the beech at Saundersfoot

I prefer this one

WEEK 5 MINERAL (1 of 4) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

That second mineral shot is great even if it is a bit of an archive, the folding is nicely detailed by a great range of tones and colours

That second mineral shot is great even if it is a bit of an archive, the folding is nicely detailed by a great range of tones and colours

Thanks Chris I hope to revisit there in the summer hopefully there will be some nice light

I like the second mineral shot very much - it's sharp and those swirling lines lead you through all the detail and colour beautifully. I like your idea of using whole nuts with the chocolate image, but I think there's a bit much going on.

Thanks Emma I did contemplate just using the bar of Whole Nut but decided to give something different. I did consider trying it with just the nuts in the dish and not spread over the board but I was sitting on the floor taking them and I was in the way!

Hi Mark, like the idea your for whole but for me looks like the exposure could do with lifting a bit as well as the shadows but I know how tricky it is shooting indoors.

Thanks Nigel the image for Whole was one of my first times using flash so still trying to get it right.

I'll comment on Mineral, #2 for me, what wonderful detail and flowing lines.

Whole, hmmm, looks a little staged (and I know it is ;)), but I'd prefer the elements a bit closer to each other.

No chocolate in the house :(

Cheers.

Smooth works well for me - like the textures of the grain and knot. Mineral #2 is a top shot Mark - beautiful textures & detail and local geology. As for Whole, #1 seems to have a touch more warmth to it so probably that version for me. Nice catch-up.

Back