DP’s 52 2019 - Week 29 Closed - ADDED

All four are jolly good!
I'll go with the flow and say that my pick is #1 too - the inclusion of the tables/chairs and people give it a nice atmosphere.
Though I do really like the reflections in #2 and the simplicity of #4 is cool.
(y)
Cheers Gareth, appreciate it!

ABOVE - the view from the window is a great candid shot for this theme.
HOT - love the colours. There's a real glow to this image.
LIGHT - great set. I would go for the first, as you say, there's more bg interest...

ABOVE - the view from the window is a great candid shot for this theme.
HOT - love the colours. There's a real glow to this image.
LIGHT - great set. I would go for the first, as you say, there's more bg interest...
Thank you Bob for the feedback, much appreciated!

Week 18 - Crowd

I found this week difficult for two reasons, 1: I barely had any time and 2: it meant photographing a group of people!

This is what I came up with taking those two reasons into consideration!LRM_EXPORT_327911860345349_20190509_160939152.jpeg

I like the composition and the monument and I like the processing but what’s bugging me is the legs of the two people in the foreground are missing it just seems a little odd, it could of course just be me :thinking:

Hope that doesn’t come across he wrong way :)

I like the composition and the monument and I like the processing but what’s bugging me is the legs of the two people in the foreground are missing it just seems a little odd, it could of course just be me :thinking:

Hope that doesn’t come across he wrong way :)
No not at all Allan, all feedback is good feedback as they say! I took the shot very quickly as I realised there was a crowd infront of me, I probably could have waited a little longer to get the right comp but I might have sacrificed the crowd!
Works for me. I like the black and white. Chichester?
Indeed it is Clive! Thanks for the feedback!

Crowd
I like the b/w conversion, the darker tones of the people against the lighter background, works nicely.
I don't like photographing people either.

Great image Daniel, I love the mono treatment....very nicely done!(y)
Fits the theme and is well composed too....nice bit of moody sky you had there too.
I'm yet another who doesn't like photographing people too!
We should form a club, and go out and photograph each other for practice....as long as there isn't more than three or four members that is!:giggle:

Works for me Daniel but think I might straighten the building a touch. Just my thoughts
Thanks Chris!
Crowd
I like the b/w conversion, the darker tones of the people against the lighter background, works nicely.
I don't like photographing people either.
Cheers Dominic, I don't know what it is, I need to be better at it!
Great image Daniel, I love the mono treatment....very nicely done!(y)
Fits the theme and is well composed too....nice bit of moody sky you had there too.
I'm yet another who doesn't like photographing people too!
We should form a club, and go out and photograph each other for practice....as long as there isn't more than three or four members that is!:giggle:
Thanks Gareth, it's a bit like that isn't it, even then I reckon I would struggle!

Week 19 - Decay

Had another struggle one this week, I shot this, and it's a bit of a shoe horn, but I am sure it will give me tooth decay!!

I like the monument and crowd and also the mono processing, it works well for the theme but have to say i'm with Allan in that the cropped legs of the people in the foreground bugs me. I expect i've done just the same many a time, but now it's been pointed out to me.......

The decay may be a shoehorn but I love the colours and obviously love the ice cream! I quite like the depth of field too, knocking everything bar the main subject, just a little out. Nicely done

Yep - a horn of shoe for sure. Nicely shot though.

I like the monument and crowd and also the mono processing, it works well for the theme but have to say i'm with Allan in that the cropped legs of the people in the foreground bugs me. I expect i've done just the same many a time, but now it's been pointed out to me.......

The decay may be a shoehorn but I love the colours and obviously love the ice cream! I quite like the depth of field too, knocking everything bar the main subject, just a little out. Nicely done
Thanks Ian! Yeah now that it's been pointed out I wished I had waited a bit, nevermind!
Its one the the best shoeshorn for a while and I kind of guessed it already when I saw it in the main photo thread. Good use of aperture and like the touch of blue at the top.
Ha thanks Stan!
Yep - a horn of shoe for sure. Nicely shot though.
Cheers Dave, appreciate it.
Crowd is a cool shot and have taken a few of it over the years when I`ve come over.
Decay might be a shoehorn but it sure looks yummy.
Thanks Dave, it tasted incredible, no doubt my teeth have suffered for it though!

Hot – Like the processing, nice reflections of the sun on the wet sand.

Light – Really like all of these, looks like a nice place! I’d say 1 or 2 is my favourite but its close.

Crowd – Good job, photographing people isn’t something I particularly enjoy. Like the composition, and it suits mono.

Decay – That will give you tooth decay alright! Nice colours and dof.

Hot – Like the processing, nice reflections of the sun on the wet sand.

Light – Really like all of these, looks like a nice place! I’d say 1 or 2 is my favourite but its close.

Crowd – Good job, photographing people isn’t something I particularly enjoy. Like the composition, and it suits mono.

Decay – That will give you tooth decay alright! Nice colours and dof.

Cheers Dom, appreciate the feedback!

Excellant Shot Daniel, who cares if its a shoehorn. Wish I had one in front of me now, it would not last long.
Love the processing and colours

Pete

Excellant Shot Daniel, who cares if its a shoehorn. Wish I had one in front of me now, it would not last long.
Love the processing and colours

Pete
Ha ha me too actually! Thanks Pete

Decay is a good colourful shot, plenty of interest and whilst it's a shoehorn it does fit.

Nice Shoehorn for sure ! Nicely shot as well
Thanks Chris!! (y)
Decay is a good colourful shot, plenty of interest and whilst it's a shoehorn it does fit.
Cheers Jim, appreciate it!
Brilliant shoehorn image Daniel!
I'm getting toothache just looking at it!:giggle:
Super punchy colours and nice and contrasty too. Love the angle of the straws, great leading lines.
(y)
Thanks Gareth, glad someone noticed the straws haha!!

Week 20 - Snappers Choice (Macro/Close Up)

I took this relatively close up shot of a model we made at work, I think it fits the technical theme and just so happened to fall on a free week also!

Great work Daniel!(y)
I'm always impressed with the exactness of these architectural models, and you've captured it very well indeed.
I like the strong shadows and it's well framed too.
Thanks for the comments Gareth, appreciate them!

Very nice Daniel. Works perfectly and is really interesting. I'm also amazed at the detail in these models too. I would have just knocked up a building with a cornflakes box but love the way all the trees and amenities are there. I guess you need to 'sell it' eh :)

Very nice Daniel. Works perfectly and is really interesting. I'm also amazed at the detail in these models too. I would have just knocked up a building with a cornflakes box but love the way all the trees and amenities are there. I guess you need to 'sell it' eh :)
Thanks Ian, yes they're a lot more involved now, this can also be a bad thing depending on the time it takes to print and model!!
Quite like this Daniel, the shadows work very well
Thanks Chris!

Week 21 - Whole (lot of muscle!)

A bit of a shoehorn this week but I was at Brands Hatch at the weekend for their Historic festival and wanted to give 'panning' a go. Don't think I grasped it that well judging by the majority of the shots I got but practice makes perfect right! Anyway, thought I would try and shoehorn in one of my shots that I liked.

Hi Daniel,

A bit of a catch up from me :)
Crowd - It fits the theme nicely. The mono conversion works really well. It really pulls out detail and texture.
Decay - Not a shoehorn for me but a very clever interpretation of the theme. I like the out of focus one in the background mirroring the one in the foreground.
Snapper's choice - Thats a cracking model. I so would not have the patience for that. Nice shot.
Whole - A tiny shoehorn for me but it is a great panning shot and the colours are lovey and vivid - it really pops!

Might be a shoehorn, but it`s a cool shot imo and think you did a pretty damn good job too.
Thank you Dave, appreciate it!
Hi Daniel,

A bit of a catch up from me :)
Crowd - It fits the theme nicely. The mono conversion works really well. It really pulls out detail and texture.
Decay - Not a shoehorn for me but a very clever interpretation of the theme. I like the out of focus one in the background mirroring the one in the foreground.
Snapper's choice - Thats a cracking model. I so would not have the patience for that. Nice shot.
Whole - A tiny shoehorn for me but it is a great panning shot and the colours are lovey and vivid - it really pops!
Thank you Lee (y)

Impressive panning Daniel!:clap:
That's a really good image of a fantastic Mustang....maybe a smidge shoehorned, but fine by me....it's a great shot!
Motorsport panning is really hard! I photographed a classic car event at Snetterton a few months ago, and I took over 2000 images, and threw nearly all of them away!!
I ended up with about 20 keepers!!
You're right, it's all about practice, and yours look very good, so you're definitely doing something right!(y)

Impressive panning Daniel!:clap:
That's a really good image of a fantastic Mustang....maybe a smidge shoehorned, but fine by me....it's a great shot!
Motorsport panning is really hard! I photographed a classic car event at Snetterton a few months ago, and I took over 2000 images, and threw nearly all of them away!!
I ended up with about 20 keepers!!
You're right, it's all about practice, and yours look very good, so you're definitely doing something right!(y)
Thanks Gareth, it is really hard, it makes me appreciate the shots the guys get with proper speed streaks and a crispy in focus subject!!
I think it works it shows speed, pity about the fence
Thanks Allan, I know, unless you have an ultra zoom lens at Brands there are very little places to get a decent shot without the fence being included!

Whole
Not really a shoehorn, I can see where you're coming from. As for the shot, it pretty good, panning isn't easy. It's a shame about the fence poll across the front grill.

Back