DP’s 52 2019 - Week 29 Closed - ADDED

Great image for 'smooth' Daniel!(y)
The mono treatment works well and the steam adds a dynamic feel.
Love the composition too - the angles and placement of the iron are terrific!
You've made ironing look very interesting....not sure how happy you should be about that however!!:LOL:

Last edited:
FOOD - I like the shot here, the DOF is spot on.
SMOOTH - My favourite so far for this theme. It's one of those "Now why didn't I think of that?" shots!! Great work!!

Great image for 'smooth' Daniel!(y)
The mono treatment works well and the steam adds a dynamic feel.
Love the composition too - the angles and placement of the iron are terrific!
You've made ironing look very interesting....not sure how happy you should be about that however!!:LOL:
Haha thanks Gareth, the steam was a pain in the ar$e to get right, almost burnt my hand about three times!
FOOD - I like the shot here, the DOF is spot on.
SMOOTH - My favourite so far for this theme. It's one of those "Now why didn't I think of that?" shots!! Great work!!
Thanks Bob, appreciate the kind comments!
Smooth is a good image and goes well in mono and nice that you got a bit of steam.
Thanks Dave, appreciate it!

Ironing is my least favourite job, but that's probably because I leave it until Sunday night to do all of my shirts for the week lol. Image is great though, I love the black and white conversion and the steam really adds a lot to the image.

Very clever for smooth. Works very well for me Daniel. Got a bit of a retro look to it too. Nicely done

Ironing is my least favourite job, but that's probably because I leave it until Sunday night to do all of my shirts for the week lol. Image is great though, I love the black and white conversion and the steam really adds a lot to the image.
Ha ha yes so do I Carl, always promise myself I will do it more frequently too so it doesn't mount up....never happens :LOL:
Very clever for smooth. Works very well for me Daniel. Got a bit of a retro look to it too. Nicely done
Thanks Ian, appreciate the comments!

Week 15 - Above

Two images for this weeks theme, I actually found it a bit of a head scratcher! The duck on the Bridge was very opportunistic and the road shot was taken from our second floor office, both SOOC.

20190404_171106.jpg

Both are terrific images Daniel!(y)
I think my pick is the first image from your office window.
It has a nice little story in there....I can only imagine what the very interesting thing is, that the little girl is dragging her father towards!
Nice shadows and I like the window frame in the image too.
The duck is also top notch, but since it's at eye level, it perhaps doesn't portray 'above' as well....I still like it, it has some great detail and the colours and lines are terrific.

Both are terrific images Daniel!(y)
I think my pick is the first image from your office window.
It has a nice little story in there....I can only imagine what the very interesting thing is, that the little girl is dragging her father towards!
Nice shadows and I like the window frame in the image too.
The duck is also top notch, but since it's at eye level, it perhaps doesn't portray 'above' as well....I still like it, it has some great detail and the colours and lines are terrific.
Cheers Gareth, I know, quite a blind corner that too so good job she didn't pull her dad to oblivion!! Yeah the duck one is a bit of a shoehorn, I just wanted to put it up lol!

Week 16 - Hot

I actually had a few things in mind for this weeks theme, we spent the weekend at our families house in their pool so was thinking up all the types of shots possible however it turned out we were having too much fun and I didn't pull the camera out once! So I took this instead in the evening on Sunday after a glorious day enjoying the hot weather!

Hi Daniel,

What a cracker of a Hot shot, love the colours and the reflection of the sun on the wet beach. Image looks quite noisy, is that intentional, as it suits the feel of the image.

Pete

Hi Daniel,

What a cracker of a Hot shot, love the colours and the reflection of the sun on the wet beach. Image looks quite noisy, is that intentional, as it suits the feel of the image.

Pete
Agree that is a cracking shot and also about the noise in the sky, but still a great shot.
Thank you both for your feedback, yes the noise was intentional, I added a bit in post, mainly to hide the fact it was taken on my S10 but I quite liked the feel it gave to it mainly.

Really like the atmosphere and the colours in your "Hot" image - I like the PP also. Don't be ashamed to admit it was a phone shot, my last two have been! :)
Good work!

Really like the atmosphere and the colours in your "Hot" image - I like the PP also. Don't be ashamed to admit it was a phone shot, my last two have been! :)
Good work!
Appreciate it Grant! It's not always feasible to carry round your big cameras and when theres a shot to be had, the best camera is the one you've got with you right!?

Cracking shot for Hot Daniel. Lovely vibrance. It really does look like the end of a perfect day. I really like the added grain too.
Thanks Lee, it was the perfect end to a lovely Easter!

Super image for the 'hot' theme Daniel!
The colours are terrific, and I love the textures/ripples in the sand.
I wasn't sure about the grain at first, but after looking at it again, I think it's beginning to grow on me....it has a nice vintage feel.
(y)

Hi Daniel,

Smooth - Works for the theme. Interesting choice to go mono, I think it works. I like how you've captured the steam.
Above - I find the first shot says the theme to me far more than the second. I don't like the inclusion of the window frame in the first shot, at least not at the angle it is in the shot. I think the image could benefit from a tighter crop into the subject. it's not going to lose the effect/perspective. I guess as it's SooC, there isn't much that you can do about the framing though after the fact.
Hot - Lovely. The colours in that shot sing of the end of a hot day. Interesting grainy sky too, which works for the image.

Super image for the 'hot' theme Daniel!
The colours are terrific, and I love the textures/ripples in the sand.
I wasn't sure about the grain at first, but after looking at it again, I think it's beginning to grow on me....it has a nice vintage feel.
(y)
Thanks Gareth, appreciate it!

Hi Daniel,

Smooth - Works for the theme. Interesting choice to go mono, I think it works. I like how you've captured the steam.
Above - I find the first shot says the theme to me far more than the second. I don't like the inclusion of the window frame in the first shot, at least not at the angle it is in the shot. I think the image could benefit from a tighter crop into the subject. it's not going to lose the effect/perspective. I guess as it's SooC, there isn't much that you can do about the framing though after the fact.
Hot - Lovely. The colours in that shot sing of the end of a hot day. Interesting grainy sky too, which works for the image.
Thanks for the feedback Tim, appreciate it!

I think that's a great image Daniel. The composition is spot on, great detail in the sand, love the beam of the sun and also I really like the added noise. For me, it makes it work nicely

I think that's a great image Daniel. The composition is spot on, great detail in the sand, love the beam of the sun and also I really like the added noise. For me, it makes it work nicely
Thanks Ian, appreciate the comments!

Week 17 - Light

So I thought I would genuinely struggle for this weeks theme to find anything interesting however whilst at a meeting yesterday the bar we retired to after had these amazing light fixtures which was perfect and thankfully I had my camera with me this time so I took these snaps! I think I prefer the first one as it has some subtle background interest in it where as the others are more focused generally on the lights!

I'm torn between the first two! I like the separation of the light in the second one, with the bar lovely and smooth, but with enough detail to see what it is. But I really like the first one too because you've captured a lot of lights with a bit of context showing where they are. Really great work

I'm torn between the first two! I like the separation of the light in the second one, with the bar lovely and smooth, but with enough detail to see what it is. But I really like the first one too because you've captured a lot of lights with a bit of context showing where they are. Really great work
Thanks Carl, appreciate it!

I'm with Carl on the first two. #1 with the added context of location but a bit confusing and a lot going on in the image. #2 with the nice reflections in the light and blurry background.
Thanks Stan, appreciate the comments!

A hell of a lot of lights in there I think the first one works best because of the light coming in through the windows too

Light
I agree with you, the first shot looks great and i like the people in the background, they add a bit of life to the scene.

Very good spot and very opportunist. I like them, but for me, my favourite is the first. Personally I would've cropped the image just below the lowest hanging light to put all the emphasise on them. Nicely done

A hell of a lot of lights in there I think the first one works best because of the light coming in through the windows too
Thanks Allan!
Light
I agree with you, the first shot looks great and i like the people in the background, they add a bit of life to the scene.
Yes I do agree, thanks Dominic!
Brilliant shot for light Daniel. The second one with the out of focus bar & bottles in the background is lovely.
Cheers Lee!
Very good spot and very opportunist. I like them, but for me, my favourite is the first. Personally I would've cropped the image just below the lowest hanging light to put all the emphasise on them. Nicely done
Thanks Ian!
Daniel, think I’m with Carl and a few of the others. Torn by the first 2. Think my preference is no 2. Like the oof background and detail in the light
Cheers Chris, appreciate the feedback!
#1 for me as well, like the lighting and light coming through the window and the people add to the image.
Thanks Dave!

All four are jolly good!
I'll go with the flow and say that my pick is #1 too - the inclusion of the tables/chairs and people give it a nice atmosphere.
Though I do really like the reflections in #2 and the simplicity of #4 is cool.
(y)

Back