DP’s 52 2019 - Week 29 Closed - ADDED

Awwwwwww....

and

AWWWWWW :)

Cute Baby pics always work, great smile he has. He is nice and sharp, good focus on the eye. Nice tones for B&W works very well.

Pete

That is such a gorgeous picture of the little one. I hope you have given a copy of it to Mum. She would be delighted with it.

That is such a gorgeous picture of the little one. I hope you have given a copy of it to Mum. She would be delighted with it.
Yes indeed! It was kind of a thank you as they have been kindly donating bits and pieces to us in preparation for our little one!
Beautiful image of a wonderful, tiny model!:clap:
100% theme-worthyiness!
The expression is perfect, and the whole image works so well....especially as a mono!
Truly nice work Daniel!(y)
Thanks Gareth appreciate it!!

And to think, I got barracked for shoehorning 'fragile' :)

Nice muscle car though. Nice and vibrant and lots of 'speed' blur.

Fragile - just nailed it! Lovely image, great little subject and works great in mono

And to think, I got barracked for shoehorning 'fragile' :)

Nice muscle car though. Nice and vibrant and lots of 'speed' blur.

Fragile - just nailed it! Lovely image, great little subject and works great in mono
Ha ha thanks Ian, appreciate it!!

Week 23 (Catch Up!) - Squashed

Trying desperately to catch up and not thinking of anything at all to take a picture of for this theme, my pen pot on my desk was staring me in the face the whole time, so here it it, squashed pens!

Vibrant, interesting, well composed, nice background/foreground colour - like it :)

Vibrant, interesting, well composed, nice background/foreground colour - like it :)
Thanks Ian!
As Ian above said - like it!(y)
Nice use of natural light and the reflections work well too.
The 'Highlight' marker? Is that an 'in joke'?:giggle:
Clever and interesting!:clap:
Haha I wish I was that Clever Gareth! Thanks for the comments.
Tend to agree with Ian and Gareth. Nice use of the natural light
Cheers Chris, much appreciated!

Squashed - I really like this one, nice perspective on it and,m as has been said, great use of the available natural light, the shadow gives just enough interest behind the subject, without being obtrusive. Nicely done indeed

Week 24 - Time

Just getting in there this week by the skin of my teeth! I had to google local Sun dials in my area and oddly enough there was a massive one on the side of the local cathedral!

Time - what a great old sundial. That's really interesting to look at. Nice lot of detail

Time
That's a big old sundial. I would maybe have cropped off the right hand side a little. But generally the composition is good.

Super, crisp image Daniel!
Great textures in the stonework, and the sundial is very interesting....looks to be around midday too!
Nice work!(y)
Thank you Gareth! Well....it wasn't midday which i found odd!!
Time - what a great old sundial. That's really interesting to look at. Nice lot of detail
Thanks Ian!
Time
That's a big old sundial. I would maybe have cropped off the right hand side a little. But generally the composition is good.
Thank you for your comments Dominic!

Hi Daniel,

Time - I like that shot, it has good colours and the face of the sundial looks like it has a nose, which appeals to my sense of humour.
Squash(ed) - I really quite like the lighting of that shot, the graduation from light to dark, from blue to almost black and plenty of light on the subject. An excellent bit of natural light used there.
Fragile - That's a great portrait. I bet they love it.
Whole - Don't you just *love* catch fencing. I know that the sharpest of my pans are invariably where the car is behind an upright. My advice is simply to keep practising and go with a fast frame rate to get a good selection between the uprights.
Free Week - I agree it fits the technique nicely and is a great shot showing plenty of detail. Looks like a lot of work goes into those models. How is it done, 3D printing?
Decay - Haha, I did chuckle at the shoe hornerage going on there. Like it.
Like the free space at the top, but think I might have removed th spoon at the bottom to avoid it being chopped off.
Crowd - I have to disagree with Allan regarding the couple in the foreground. You have 2/3rds of them, which is sufficient imo. It is, perhaps, a little on the crushed black side though?
Light - I have to go for #2. That's a great looking thing, it pops out of the shot and some nice bokeh in the oof background too. What's not to like???

Hi Daniel,

Time - I like that shot, it has good colours and the face of the sundial looks like it has a nose, which appeals to my sense of humour.
Squash(ed) - I really quite like the lighting of that shot, the graduation from light to dark, from blue to almost black and plenty of light on the subject. An excellent bit of natural light used there.
Fragile - That's a great portrait. I bet they love it.
Whole - Don't you just *love* catch fencing. I know that the sharpest of my pans are invariably where the car is behind an upright. My advice is simply to keep practising and go with a fast frame rate to get a good selection between the uprights.
Free Week - I agree it fits the technique nicely and is a great shot showing plenty of detail. Looks like a lot of work goes into those models. How is it done, 3D printing?
Decay - Haha, I did chuckle at the shoe hornerage going on there. Like it.
Like the free space at the top, but think I might have removed th spoon at the bottom to avoid it being chopped off.
Crowd - I have to disagree with Allan regarding the couple in the foreground. You have 2/3rds of them, which is sufficient imo. It is, perhaps, a little on the crushed black side though?
Light - I have to go for #2. That's a great looking thing, it pops out of the shot and some nice bokeh in the oof background too. What's not to like???
Thanks for your comments Tim, really appreciate it!

Week 25 - Full (Throttle)

So having fallen slightly behind I took the opportunity to take some shots at the Festival of Speed this week to not only catch up but to practice my panning, I am getting there slowly!

I have also fallen behind on my comments too so I do apologise, I will do my best to get round and leave some feedback!

Last edited:
FULL THROTTLE: Love this shot. You capture speed here perfectly!
Thanks Bob, I've been trying so hard to get these right, still getting there but one of my better ones!

Really gives the idea of speed it’s a difficult technique to master but as you say getting there

Really gives the idea of speed it’s a difficult technique to master but as you say getting there
Thanks Allan!
Great shot for “full” - quite a quick moving subject too I imagine!

I wish I’d booked to go to Goodwood now, maybe next year.
Yeah very quick and only one or two chances to get right as they're not going round and round a track unfortunately! You should definitely give it a go next year, great day out!
Fancied doing goodwood, never got to it. Looks like it's worth going.

Looks to be a very good job with the panning there,car looks nice and sharp and the colours are great.
Thanks Michael, yeah its a great day out, worth the trip for sure!

Outstanding dynamic image Daniel!
It really does convey a sense of speed very well indeed.
Impressive!:clap:
Thanks Gareth, appreciate it!!

Daniel

Full, Plenty of FULL speed action in that Image, good panning and use of shutter speed to blur the wheels and backround. Nice one.

Pete

Daniel

Full, Plenty of FULL speed action in that Image, good panning and use of shutter speed to blur the wheels and backround. Nice one.

Pete
Thanks Pete!

Hi Daniel,
Fragile - What a lovely shot! A great expression and a perfect shot for mono :clap:
Squashed - I really like this. Simple yet very effective and perfect fit for the theme.
Time - Nice sundial - well found! Good composition - I like the inclusion of the trees and sky.
Full - Cracking shot! Great panning. What shutter speed did you use? I'd love to see the full size version of that. Great shot! :clap:

Hi Daniel,
Fragile - What a lovely shot! A great expression and a perfect shot for mono :clap:
Squashed - I really like this. Simple yet very effective and perfect fit for the theme.
Time - Nice sundial - well found! Good composition - I like the inclusion of the trees and sky.
Full - Cracking shot! Great panning. What shutter speed did you use? I'd love to see the full size version of that. Great shot! :clap:
Thanks for your comments Lee, for 'Full' I used 1/60th at f9. I had been playing around with different shutter speeds all day to try and get one that I was happy with and that caught some sharp elements, a tough thing to master, it really makes me appreciate the beautiful panning shots you see the pro's do including some of the guys on here!
You should be able to click on the image now and it should take you to Flickr (hopefully!).

Last edited:
Back