Drama in the Dolomites

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
I'll upload some other photos from our holiday in due course, but these were taken on my final evening in the Dolomites which was not about having a nice evening meal or spending time 'relaxing' in the spa but actually about photography and being on location at the right time :).

The location was the top of Passo Giau, and fortunately the right time was a dense fog rolling up the valley to the high col at sunset.

The first image is a high contrast dramatic shot, and the second is a fleeting moment in a different direction only a few minutes later. But just shows how quickly things can change. It was the first time I have enjoyed photography this year, anticipating the conditions but also reacting and picking things out with the long lens.

The Dolomites are a stunning mountain range and I would recommend them to others. I needed to go somewhere epic to get my motivation back and it has worked. Time to start planning a return trip with the sleeping bag in the back of the car I think...

Dolomites.jpg

snowy (1 of 1).jpg

Thanks for looking, as always C & C welcome.

Yep two nice ones.

I found in my brief visit there and also viewing a lot of images of the Dolomites it can be hard to get shots that show no man made impact.

Eg the Seceda shot - there’s an obvious hiking trail cut into the mountain. Lago di Braise that awful wooden hut and silly boats. There’s countless others but you’ve done well to depict an entirely natural view

2 great shots Craig - glad the trip inspired you.
Fine images. So glad you have renewed your mojo. Good shooting.

Thanks both, yes I certainly felt the buzz again there and I'm looking forward to getting my favourite hobby back on track now.

Yep two nice ones.

I found in my brief visit there and also viewing a lot of images of the Dolomites it can be hard to get shots that show no man made impact.

Eg the Seceda shot - there’s an obvious hiking trail cut into the mountain. Lago di Braise that awful wooden hut and silly boats. There’s countless others but you’ve done well to depict an entirely natural view

Thanks Steve, as you know, like you I prefer my landscapes wild and untouched by man where possible. This location worked well for that and it was one of the reasons I headed there.

Aye, what mountain photography is all about, catching those fleeting moments of drama, mood and atmosphere.
Great stuff.

Thanks Scott, which is something you do particularly well.

Great shots Craig

Cheers Alf.

Back