Drama on the beach

Edit My Images
Yes
I took a trip to my favorite beach yesterday in hope ofsome thundery showers would form. Sadly they seemed to produce the lighting after they passed me.

I did however get to witness some brilliant weather and clouds, it also involved getting very wet at times.

Thanks for looking
Danny ☺️

1 by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

2 by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

3 by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Lovely trio of images.
I like the solitude and peacefulness given in No1

#1 Don't like it as a photograph but would as a painting (watercolour).
#2 Like it a lot. Maybe better from slightly lower PoV and shot from a pace or 2 to the right to get the edge of the water as a stronger leading line up from the corner. OR, from the same viewpoint but having more sky/less beach and getting that leading line in (but that's being very picky and to MY taste, not yours!)
#3 Too much rather plain beach for my taste - cropping to put the horizon and/or lighthouse on a third helps (and the horizon is very slightly skewed.)

Lovely trio of images.
I like the solitude and peacefulness given in No1
I think #1 works as it's very abstract
Nice ICM in 1 and atmosphere/light in 2.
Nice set all round.
Loving #2
lovely set
Very nice Danny, especially 3 with the wind blowing the sand across the beach and that cloud formation.
Last one :)

Like two also

Nicely done
thanks everyone :)

#1 Don't like it as a photograph but would as a painting (watercolour).
#2 Like it a lot. Maybe better from slightly lower PoV and shot from a pace or 2 to the right to get the edge of the water as a stronger leading line up from the corner. OR, from the same viewpoint but having more sky/less beach and getting that leading line in (but that's being very picky and to MY taste, not yours!)
#3 Too much rather plain beach for my taste - cropping to put the horizon and/or lighthouse on a third helps (and the horizon is very slightly skewed.)

#1 i understand ICM isn't for all
#2 no more sky or sand was available shot at 20mm and the sky above was bland.
#3 was to show the wind that was happening at the time. i try not to follow rules.

Three "Excellent" shots, and all nicely presented, with #1 probably being my fav'.

George.

I really like the second in particular. Maybe just back off the contrast slightly and brighten a notch but that’s right up my street. I do like one too, but again the contrast is a bit high for my tastes. A square crop might work well. Not keen on 3 - it’s the composition as the sand draws you to the left away from the lighthouse, and part of the right side is redundant. A 7:5 crop might improve the balance

Last edited:
No 1 is very good. Would look great printed and on the wall!

Nice set Danny
You captured the windblown sand well

Last edited:
3rd is nice Danny (just needs the horizon straightened) 2nd looks good too, but again the horizon is quite drastically out.
Yeah I've corrected them now a few people have pointed that out to me. I do struggle correcting horizons if I'm honest.

Back