Dreamland

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I pass this location in Snowdonia many times so decided to have a look on Photographers Ephemeris and see if I could add a little something I had in mind, A large moon, then plan to stop by on that given date, with the moon in frame, I think it helps? Hand held no tripod, as it was blowing a gale:( had to make the most of the open window

Dreamland by Kevin O'Brian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hand helds ok. It can be done fine.

Good choice of crop avd aspect ratio. Gives an open feeling a wide crop and the contrast a real depth and atmosphere. Something no doubt you wish to convey, and you've done it. The inclusion of the full moon seals it for me

Hi Gareth thank you, yes that is what I use and find it it very useful maybe not as much these days as I'm more aware of the angles of the sun other the seasons etc but very much needed when I started out photographing snowdonia

Its a cracking image, but I am puzzled with the lighting on the mountain sides with the moon on the opposite side, was this at a time when both the sun and moon were visible? Taken in one shot too? (just trying to figure out how you exposed this as there isn't any useful EXIF data) - cheers! :)

Hi Carl yes it was after the sun had got up over the horizon and moon was setting fast :) One single image RAW I dont do Photoshop (At Present)

• Date and Time (Original) - 2015:02:07 08:06:35

Last edited:
That's an "Excellent" image Kevin, and a very good B&W conversion.(y)

George.

The full moon, perfectly positioned, gives it that special touch but even without it, it would be a very dramatic image.

Back