Critique Dreamy forest portrait

Edit My Images
Yes
I just did this for a bit of fun and to try out a few techniques. Wasn't exactly what I had in mind but I wanted something with a dreamy fantasy feel to it.

What do you guys think? Especially about the colour toning/mist which I added in later.

web_DSC_8826-Edit.jpg

When it come to tonal intent and purpose, I
think you should brighten her face as much

as her legs are or so and reduce a tiny tad
the brightness of the dress on her right side.
:cool:

I always find images where the models have their legs closest to camera such as this tend to exagerate the model's foot size, being really picky there is a twig which I find distracting, other than that for me it's a nice photograph.
Matt

Really like this as a stand alone portrait but I don't think you've achieved your objective. The background is too dark and doesn't add the dreamy effect you're after. Maybe more background and a wider perspective, raise the background black levels and add a little colour toning. That said, on its own it's a very nice image.

Thanks for all the suggestions, all good points that I had overlooked. And yeah I think it would have been more dreamy than spooky if I'd shot a bit earlier which was what I planned but arrived a bit late, cant bring back the background now but I still kinda like it.

Here is with the changes people suggested, definitely a lot nicer :) If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free.

web_DSC_8826-_Edit-2.jpg

Zombie eyes!
You mean glowing eyes in the dark under the bushes? I actually thought about that same idea if that is what you meant :) Thought it might be a bit cheesy but might give it a try.

You mean glowing eyes in the dark under the bushes? I actually thought about that same idea if that is what you meant :) Thought it might be a bit cheesy but might give it a try.
Sorry I should have been more specific. Her irises are in the far corner of her eyes revealing too much white. It's a personal thing of course but it's a pet hate of mine.

Definitely interesting, but I'm not sure the hard light helps the mood you're after. If I wanted dreamy I'd probably start with backlighting and allow a bit of flare to reduce the contrast.

.. and there's too much skin smoothing for my taste ..

Back