Dronefly... Might be amongst the last few I take....

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Not been feeling the love with the camera for a good while now, but today I did grab a few, 3 of which were of a dronefly on the laurel.

Can't decide if I am giving up the hobby or not yet, but I might be. In the meantime, I could add a few pics here and there...

1000eristalis_p_00.jpg

1000eristalis_p_01.jpg

1000_eristalis_p_02.jpg

It may well be that the gear finally goes up for sale (mentioned it to Kev in a PM we had recently) but still not 100% sure of the decision. I've lost the interest, but that doesn't mean it's all over just yet. Thought I'd update you all with a pic or three though...

Paul.

Just put the gear in a cupboard, out of sight, for a few months and concentrate on something else for a while. Don't sell up too early as you may find that you are missing it more than you thought you would.

Really, Paul.

It is not the gear but YOU that is important here.
As long as you find yourself in it… don't stop.
Eventually, the cupboard is one of the solution!

Just put the gear in a cupboard, out of sight, for a few months and concentrate on something else for a while. Don't sell up too early as you may find that you are missing it more than you thought you would.

Really, Paul.

It is not the gear but YOU that is important here.
As long as you find yourself in it… don't stop.
Eventually, the cupboard is one of the solution!

It's been in the cupboard since September...

Paul.

Nice shots as usual.

It's your decision Paul but wait to see what the weather brings to interest you.
You will be missed if you quit mate.

Is this because of lack of time or because it does not just appeal? If the later have you considered taking photographs of water life?

I've slowly but surely become disinterested as I have got older. I considered the same last year but carried on. My knees hurt too much to get down low, and I struggle. But I've lost the bug, if you'll excuse the pun....

Paul.

It's been in the cupboard since September...

Paul.

Mine was left in the cupboard since July last year! I lost the motivation not the interest in bugs but I hope to get back to macro in this summer.

If you decide to leave this hobby, you certainly will be missed in here. Whatever your choice will be, wish you find fun from other things:)

Last edited:
Back