DSCL prints

Edit My Images
No
I am going to try and use this company to get some prints. I have been using photobox for ages but want to give these guys a go.

Which is is better lustre, pearl or gloss?

Say I have a file that I have cropped to the ratio 1800 by 600 and then added a white border to it to make it 2000 by 800 matching the print size 20 by 8 is this nescessary or would they automatically place the 1800 by 600 image in the centre of the selected paper creating a white border( and would this be the "white border"selection? Or do they zoom in the photo effectively cropping it again (and would this be the "no border" selection)?

Is selecting the auto correction a good idea? (they say it is slight)

Thanks

Pearl IMHO but you can't or couldn't mix orders ie. plain prints-gloss/lustre and pearl, but I recieved an email telling me that they are introducing a new ordering system so maybe it will be possible to mix and match then? Either way their prints are top quality and a great price per print but at £3.99 P&P it pays to order quite a few prints per order.
PS delivery is very quick, sometimes within 36 hours.

I've had good results from lustre, though I've not tried pearl or glossy.

I can't help with their auto correction as I sort all the cropping and processing before sending the images off for printing.

You can mix and match now, as I did that Wednesday evening at the prints arrived this morning. I opted for 8x6 pearl prints which look great, but have been heavilly cropped.

I resized them all to 8 x 6 @ 300dpi but about 1/4 of an inch has been chopped off from all of the edges. I know they zoom the image a little to print them bigger and cut them down to 8x6 to avoid any borders, but wasn't expecting soo much to be cropped. I've not really noticed it on previous orders though :thinking:

Last edited:
You can mix and match now, as I did that Wednesday evening at the prints arrived this morning. I opted for 8x6 pearl prints which look great, but have been heavilly cropped.

I resized them all to 8 x 6 @ 300dpi but about 1/4 of an inch has been chopped off from all of the edges. I know they zoom the image a little to print them bigger and cut them down to 8x6 to avoid any borders, but wasn't expecting soo much to be cropped. I've not really noticed it on previous orders though :thinking:

I'd be tempted to contact them about this. If you sent them 8x6 format I would expect no cropping. Maybe they made an error?

I agree with Richard - if you sent them 8x6 and ordered 8x6 you should get the images you sent/ordered without any cropping

Back