DTM Brands Hatch

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Last seen in 2013, the guys from DTM are back this weekend at Brands Hatch.
Many views (including my own) have been made about the extra fencing erected and how it will spoil the circuit. Having seen the beasts first hand i can understand why it had to be. Still not sure though why parts of the GP circuits are off limits, especially when the cars are going away from you?
The speed and power these machines have is simply astonishing and the noise!! , how people stood there without ear protection is beyond me.
Anyway enough babbling, here are a few from another very enjoyable day.
#94 Pascal Wehrlein by John Jesney, on Flickr
#2 Gary Paffett by John Jesney, on Flickr
#22 Lucas Auer by John Jesney, on Flickr
#16 Timo Glock by John Jesney, on Flickr

wow, great stuff, all cracking shots. #4 is my fav. agree with the noise, luckily i had some in ear headphones with me yesterday which helped but really needed some earplugs, especially when they were on the gas out of Surtees

Can I ask a question please as I quite fancy a trip to Brands some time. You mention fencing. Are these pictures taken through fencing (if so, wow), or are they over or through gaps? Or do you have a trackside pass? I used to go to Brands 20 or 30 years ago, back in the day when you could drive your car around and park right by Druids and watch with no fence interruption at all.

Great pictures by the way.

Can I ask a question please as I quite fancy a trip to Brands some time. You mention fencing. Are these pictures taken through fencing (if so, wow), or are they over or through gaps? Or do you have a trackside pass? I used to go to Brands 20 or 30 years ago, back in the day when you could drive your car around and park right by Druids and watch with no fence interruption at all.

Great pictures by the way.
Hi Mark,
No trackside pass I’m afraid so the same shots available to anyone.
Images 1 & 4 were taken through the fence on the outside of Druids, the lens was on a monopod which I had over the barrier , so I could lean over it and get as close to the chain link fence as possible.
Image 3 was taken over the low fence as the exited Druids
Image 2 was taken over the tall fence at Surtees. The further you stand up the slope the easier it gets, with the right focal length of course.
The extra fencing I referred too has been placed at Stirlings. There are a couple of photo windows in these but unfortunately at the wrong height, some images still to be had but it is more difficult shooting through the fence.
Still a good circuit to visit for the right events. If you don’t mind the drive then I would also highly recommend Oulton Park. Good access all round and low fences on the majority of the circuit.
Hope that helps.
Ps, forgot to mention, you can still park behind Druids. Follow the Southbank Parking, they charge an extra £5 but I think it’s worth it

Last edited:
Hi Mark,
No trackside pass I’m afraid so the same shots available to anyone.
Images 1 & 4 were taken through the fence on the outside of Druids, the lens was on a monopod which I had over the barrier , so I could lean over it and get as close to the chain link fence as possible.
Image 3 was taken over the low fence as the exited Druids
Image 2 was taken over the tall fence at Surtees. The further you stand up the slope the easier it gets, with the right focal length of course.
The extra fencing I referred too has been placed at Stirlings. There are a couple of photo windows in these but unfortunately at the wrong height, some images still to be had but it is more difficult shooting through the fence.
Still a good circuit to visit for the right events. If you don’t mind the drive then I would also highly recommend Oulton Park. Good access all round and low fences on the majority of the circuit.
Hope that helps.
Ps, forgot to mention, you can still park behind Druids. Follow the Southbank Parking, they charge an extra £5 but I think it’s worth it

That's a brilliant insight, thank you. Nice to know you can still drive round to the Southbank, I remember driving round (in my MKII Cortina 1600E!) then going over quite a sharp hump back bridge (over Pilgrims drop I presume), is the route in still the same?

Image 3: If that's exciting Druids I thought it would be going in the other direction, or was you inside Druids(Presuming you can still do that)?

I'll be saving your post for future reference, thanks again.

Great shots and nicely processed. #3 is the pick for me, the colours are great

That's a brilliant insight, thank you. Nice to know you can still drive round to the Southbank, I remember driving round (in my MKII Cortina 1600E!) then going over quite a sharp hump back bridge (over Pilgrims drop I presume), is the route in still the same?

Image 3: If that's exciting Druids I thought it would be going in the other direction, or was you inside Druids(Presuming you can still do that)?

I'll be saving your post for future reference, thanks again.
No problem Mark, two bridges to cross to get there but I am guessing they have been updated from the time you last went.
You are correct on image 3, this is from inside Druids. For panning you cannot beat it.

Back