DTM @ Brands Hatch

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
So 2 firsts for me, first time watching DTM and first time at Brands Hatch. On both notes WOW! The DTM cars are just awesome machines and Brands is such a picturesque circuit. I've found for a while that my pictures had something missing and I think it was the scenery seeing as I've only ever been to Silverstone and Donington.

I know a lot has been said about the new safety fencing but I found there are still plenty of opportunities around the circuit. I will say that the photo holes they have put in are laughable with the majority being at a terrible height (I'm short at 5'7") and with vertical bars so you can't pan properly through them. Just had a look on Google Maps at what the circuit was like in 2012 and it was amazingly open for spectators. A great shame but it is what it is.

Ended up taking just over 3000 shots in the day that was there (turned up for opening and left after the race on Saturday) which was whittled down to about 300 that were good shots which then was whittled again to about 100 that I'm happy to put online but I always find the hardest part is selecting which ones are the best of the best for showing on here! So sorry if there are too many.

This is the first set I've posted from my new camera as well and I feel I am improving but still very open to C&C. I still look at lots of the pictures posted on this site and find mine looking a bit 'snapshotty' at times compared to some of the great professional looking images.

DSC_5263.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

DSC_5405.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

DSC_5672.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

DSC_5848.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

DSC_5963.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

DSC_6070.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

DSC_6761.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

DSC_7328.jpg by Ben Thurston, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice effort, Brands Hatch is like any other track, go enough you got bored of the same shots just different looking cars in this case.
Most that moan about the fences, either don't know how to deal with them, don't have the lenses to deal with them, or know what could be done at some places without them.
I still have a 1K images I haven't looked at yet. that's before I look at the Mini's. looks like you found all the classic Brands hatch angles. There pretty quick beasts are they not.

Back