Critique Dubai Metro (& the Start of a Bike Track)

Beautiful set there, am always impressed by the modernist architecture in the middle and far east. Love the first one with the yellow car giving a superb sense of scale to the shot. The last one is also excellent the lighting is very nice.

#1. Is an impressive looking building, I'm torn as to if I like the car being there or if I think it would be better without it, and I don't think there is a definitive answer to it but I'm falling into the leave it there as it really gives a feeling of scale...but I am feeling that its leaning ever so slightly and needs a touch of CW rotation, I suspect it's one of those images that unless shot for exactly the right position it's always going to look unlevel :bang:

#2. Overall it looks very soft, the position you've picked is also pretty awful with those red/white roadworks barriers being the very first thing you see in frame and there totally OOF :LOL: truth be told there is nothing going to rescue this one...

#3. I really like this, the mixture of the curves and dead straight lines is very appealing to me, and also the inclusion of the palm tree, seeing that actually reminds me of something a Qatar friend once told me about wealth being measured in the UAE states not from the cars on your drive but the number of palms in your front garden as to keep one alive would cost something like $100,000pa :eek: I would however loose the yellow box and associated post

#4. I really like it but I think it would be a better with a blurred car racing underneath or even better a blurred pack of racing cyclists (y) I would clone out the couple of bright spots of light on the wall on the far side of the road, I'd like to see a little bit of white balance correction and it would have also been better to be there earlier in the evening...

Matt

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. There is so much that is visually interesting there, got to be careful with the sand though.

I like the blurred car idea but SWMBO was losing patience, any longer and it would have been her in a blurred car! :)

Yes I believe water is a sign of wealth, it's historic importance to life in the region means that to be able to be so frivolous with it shows loadsa money.

My them barriers are global!

Last pic is, very good though.

Back