Duchess Of Sutherland

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
A few pics of the Duchess returning home, she was sent a long way around allowing 3 different locations in a day,duffield, alfreton andthen at Midland Railway center.

Duchess Of Sutherland by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Duchess Of Sutherland Alfreton by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Duchess Of Sutherland Butterly #4 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Duchess@ west shed by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Duchess@ west shed #4 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Duchess@ west shed #6 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Excellent,as ever,Michael. They're all very good but the last one has really caught my eye. Very good low angle. It's cleaner than my car..lol. The B&W works very well indeed. On the two occasions it's come my way,or rather, was scheduled to,it was cancelled so I haven't seen it yet.

I went to Chalford,near Stroud to see Braunton come through this morning. Just before it came the heavens opened. I've decided to post it anyway.

Take a look at the photos taken at Shilden by Mark. Really good. Title..'Flying Scotsman and others... Now top of the list as I've just replied.

Last edited:
Some good stuff there, not sure the third one works for me, the two mono shots are good, the last one is a good composition but the signage takes away from it - nothing you can do about that of course. I'm still disappointed this loco is green, though.

Some good stuff there, not sure the third one works for me, the two mono shots are good, the last one is a good composition but the signage takes away from it - nothing you can do about that of course. I'm still disappointed this loco is green, though.

Thanks for looking Mike, I agree, she is nice in green, but I look forward to the day she is repainted into crimson lake,I really like that colour, it should have been done before now, I have heard that it should be happening at some point though.

Thanks for looking Mike, I agree, she is nice in green, but I look forward to the day she is repainted into crimson lake,I really like that colour, it should have been done before now, I have heard that it should be happening at some point though.

Michael..Looks like crimson lake will be done later this year. That will be superb. I could even get a bit excited about that..lol

http://www.prclt.co.uk/6233-duchess-of-sutherland.html

Really nice shots, and the B&W seem to go with the era?

Back