Duck! I mean Goose! I mean Duck!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Ducks (not sure what kind - Mallard? and something else, maybe just a different version, not sure, Im ducking rubbish at IDs of birds, even though I have a bird book), Canadian Geese and some pesky almost seagull type that were stealing the bread.

Unfortunately, the missus decided to throw in whole slices, so a bit of frantic fighting ensued, with the white birds getting most of the food. I had to snap like a Japanese Tourist before they all buggered off to scrounge off some other person with food.

6d, 70-200mm USM2, except for number.2. which was a sigma 35mm

S-t-r-e-t-c-hhhh by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

2.. Sigma 35mm F1.4 shot at F1.8 because 4000th of a sec was not fast enough
Leegomery Ponds by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

Duck ! by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

4.. Stop!!! Thief !!!
I'll have that! by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

Cheers

First two canada (not Canadian) geese, #3 Mrs mallard (nice one), last one black headed gulls. In winter they have white heads with dark markings as the bird to the right. This time of year they're mouting into their summer dark chocolate (not black!) heads, though they do look black most of the time, and they have the 'clown eyes'.

First two canada (not Canadian) geese, #3 Mrs mallard (nice one), last one black headed gulls. In winter they have white heads with dark markings as the bird to the right. This time of year they're mouting into their summer dark chocolate (not black!) heads, though they do look black most of the time, and they have the 'clown eyes'.
Ah right - glad someone knows their birds Jan :)

Canada Geese doesn't sound right though :thinking: but I'll take your word for it, I know zip all about birds :ty:

Back