Ducklings aww :)

Have you seen the crane chicks yet?
Today was my first visit for a couple of weeks after having a repair done on my retina at the BEH ... I was hoping to get the first sighting of them today but overnight the parents took the chicks into high vegetation at the side of the water so all I got was a glimpse of an adult's head! :(

That first is amazing Roger, almost 3D
When I first saw it it thought it was swimming out the screen, I had to come back for a second look, just to check it hadn't :D
(y)

That first is amazing Roger, almost 3D
When I first saw it it thought it was swimming out the screen, I had to come back for a second look, just to check it hadn't :D
(y)

Thanks Chris, they are fluffy little things aren't they, seem to skim across the water and I love to see them diving :)

Love the first image, the water droplets add so much to it, and its tack sharp too.

You certainly caught the sweetness of these two little beauties Roger....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:....The other half gone all goo goo over them:D

Agree, the first is a little special (y) ......:thinking:.....maybe a bit of anti-clockwise rotation to straighten??

Hope all's ok now with the retina. Makes me shudder thinking about a eye op. Been away myself..Cornwall.

Really good close-ups. Nothing to choose between them,both cuties. They're probably safer there at Slimbridge than out in the countryside lakes/ponds where there are pike and gulls. I assume there are no pike at Slimbridge.

Hope all's ok now with the retina. Makes me shudder thinking about a eye op. Been away myself..Cornwall.

Really good close-ups. Nothing to choose between them,both cuties. They're probably safer there at Slimbridge than out in the countryside lakes/ponds where there are pike and gulls. I assume there are no pike at Slimbridge.
@JohnC6
Thanks John, eye is improving each day :)
No pike at Slimbridge (there are some huge Chubb!) but the Lesser Black-backed Gulls are keeping the adults on their toes!

View attachment 104456

what a fantastic pic of the duckling very natural looking as usual :nikon:

Lol..Dear me. Certainly giving that gull what for.Well caught...:D

I thought of going today but being out in 32C didn't appeal. Might pop over at 0930 tomorrow before the heat hits. As you know, Roger, you can go in earlier but only to Rushy side. 30 minutes ago we had 7 mallards on the pond, all males bar one, a very dark female that I haven't seen before.

#1 is simply supreme!
#2 Really good and only eclipsed by #1 as DOF on #2 looks just too shallow?

Brilliant and No. 1 for me. Not knowing anything about EXIF, would you please share with a newbie your settings, camera, lens etc?

Brilliant and No. 1 for me. Not knowing anything about EXIF, would you please share with a newbie your settings, camera, lens etc?

Thanks for commenting :)
As Wez says the exif is intact on Flickr (I never remove it, unlike some) and you can see it displayed in this format:-

capture1.jpg

Great photographs. The depth of field in the shelduck image is perfectly judged.

Back