Dull Day Harvestman

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Did find a harvestman this morning, but it was very dull really and had to ramp the ISO up to 5000 and to 6400 which meant running NR to get rid of the lumpy bits. Came out OK though I think. What do you think?

Natural light both:

ISO5000

ISO6400

Paul.

Last edited:
Nice ones Paul. Yep I agree, they came out alright, doesn't seem to be an excessive amount of NR going on, and I'm guessing the high ISO helped bring up the background a bit too.

Cheers Tim - the light I think is a major thing - the flash is harsh and punches colours - this brings a good tonal gradations.

Paul.
OOh sorry, I missed the bit about them being natural light! Excellent in that case. I really struggle to get sharp detail (certainly no where near as good as this) whenever I have tried without flash, so these are even more impressive.

OOh sorry, I missed the bit about them being natural light! Excellent in that case. I really struggle to get sharp detail (certainly no where near as good as this) whenever I have tried without flash, so these are even more impressive.

Ta buddy. The light was from the right hand side - couldn't use a reflector - would have been too difficult to get one in position. That said, I could maybe have selectively lifted some shadows in LR had I thought about it, but they'll pass muster as they are anyway I reckon.

Paul.

Back