Dungeness Landscape (3)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of part of the desolate landscape and some of the things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/800th @ F8, ISO-200, Tripod.

Dungeness Landscape (3)-03271
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y)

George.

We as a species are a messy lot but sometimes that's not all bad. I would be horrified seeing this in the flesh but the way you've rendered it makes it an interesting image.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.

George.

I think humans suck too @Big Andy but i think the stuff at Dungeness is part of it's character and why all the detritus is left there :) - I do regular beach cleans but I wouldn't move this stuff (only the litter that selfish people left around it, inevitably..) - there's some beautiful flowers and plants that sprout up in the spring and summer, in amongst all the crap and it is interesting to see. I've only been once and always said i wanted to get back there with the camera, but just never happened! :)

We as a species are a messy lot but sometimes that's not all bad. I would be horrified seeing this in the flesh but the way you've rendered it makes it an interesting image.
Actually most of the mechanicals on the foreshore at Dungerness are interesting. it is all fishing paraphernalia from past ages, perhaps more surprisingly some of it is still in use today. None of it does any harm, and nature takes it in its stride. It is little changed since Victorian times. though some has melted away as rust. in the same way that abandoned fishing boats slowly decay. Pretty much all of the old fishing huts are still occupied, most by local fishing families, but some by writers and artists. It is still a living mostly unchanged environment.

and nature takes it in its stride.

Indeed, plenty of birdlife and when I was last there, as the light began to fade, I stumbled across a Hare, who on spotting me shot off across the stones. :)

It’s a fantastic location and for me the old fishing industry detritus makes it for me, if you want to see what it looked like in the not too distant past try and track down the film The Dark Man, made in 1951, the final scenes were shot at Dungeness, it’s fascinating to see how much and how little it has changed.

I used to consult on the cameras at Dungeness "B" power station. A desolate area. Almost like a moonscape in some areas.

I realise that wildlife doesn't give a toss if the junk is man made or not, if it provides shelter, food, or something else they want or need they will use it. As a diver I've seen it often that the sea floor is like a featureless dessert until you come across a shipwreck then it's more like a rain forest for the amount of life on, in and around it.

I used to consult on the cameras at Dungeness "B" power station. A desolate area. Almost like a moonscape in some areas.
And an actual desert.

Back