Dunstanburgh at sunrise

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Number 2 is my preference, but the others are good as well. Where was no. 3 taken from? I don't remember seeing that when I was up there a few years ago.

Howard

Yes No2 is a belter Alf! The rock in the foreground creates a great anchor and those strong diagonals leading in to the castle spot on.
Like No1 too, those large round pebbles create almost a symmetrical pattern, i take it they are natural and not placed as a sea defense?

Really like number 2. All good though

Thanks Simon

Number 2 is my preference, but the others are good as well. Where was no. 3 taken from? I don't remember seeing that when I was up there a few years ago.

Howard

Thanks Howard

No3 was taken from a few steps from where I took thisat Bamburgh not Dunstanburgh

So who said there was something photograph by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Yes No2 is a belter Alf! The rock in the foreground creates a great anchor and those strong diagonals leading in to the castle spot on.
Like No1 too, those large round pebbles create almost a symmetrical pattern, i take it they are natural and not placed as a sea defense?

Thanks Steve
Those pebbles are about 50 cm in diamater and the same type of rock slabs at Bamburgh 10 miles or so away

Last edited:
Really like all of them, my favourite county but then I am biased. No.2 has the edge though

Thanks Alfbranch., I've just googled it and is it the other side of Stag Point( which I remember)?

Cheers,

Howard

Really like all of them, my favourite county but then I am biased. No.2 has the edge though

Thanks Margaret
I have prefernce for the set coast with my bias

Thanks Alfbranch., I've just googled it and is it the other side of Stag Point( which I remember)?

Cheers,

Howard

Glad to help Howard

All very nice… but I bite in the first, absolutely! :cool:

Back