East Anglia Dunwich Heath

Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of quick questions if I may please

1. Is the heather currently looking good

2. Is there a car park barrier I need to be aware of. The NT site says closes at dusk but not certain when they classify this and wouldn't want to be shut in [emoji50]

The flowers were fading 2 weeks ago but at from 10ft away there was still colour showing. I wouldnt have it close in the foreground.
I left an hour and a half after sunset - didnt arrive until after sunset. There were still cars in the parking area. Im not sure if there is a gate - if there is its at the start of the unmade access road. There are holiday cottages on the site that use the same road I cant see them having to lock and unlock a gate to get in and out.

The flowers were fading 2 weeks ago but at from 10ft away there was still colour showing. I wouldnt have it close in the foreground.
I left an hour and a half after sunset - didnt arrive until after sunset. There were still cars in the parking area. Im not sure if there is a gate - if there is its at the start of the unmade access road. There are holiday cottages on the site that use the same road I cant see them having to lock and unlock a gate to get in and out.
Many thanks

I went down to Dunwich on the 14th September and the purple had faded a fair bit. If you were there at golden hour, the colour might be good, but I think it's pretty much past it now.
I only went down on a whim in the daytime to try to catch the heather as I'd not managed it over the summer.
I got a couple of images, nothing spectacular, but decent enough given the time of day.

IMG_1290-Edita.jpg

I've not been to this place but mid-August to early-September is usually the best time to capture heather in flower. Having said that don't discount heathland in autumn and winter because if you get mist, frosts or even freezing fog heathlands are amazing places to visit so long as they have characterful birch trees to base your shots around.

Back