Durham Lumiere

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few images from the Durham Lumiere light festival. If you haven't already been to view it and you're in the North East of England I highly recommend it. :)

There are tonnes more on my blog:
http://boundey.co.uk/blog/?p=252

1. Inside Durham Cathedral - Hundreds of Miners Vests light up inside.
IMG_1941-Edit.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

Projection onto the side of Durham Cathedral. Simply jaw-dropping sound to light display.
IMG_1895.jpg

It's amazing what you can do with a bin and a few lights!
IMG_1890.jpg

Hope you like them.

looks good, I was planning on going this year, but work commitments over the weekend scuppered my plans :( .

you got some great shots, and the blog is excellent, I thought the cathedral was brill and then stepping out to the fire, followed by the lit bodies as you walk down to prebans bridge were the highlight, some of the others left me disappointed and it was so busy on the thursday, lots of toggers about. we just took the 450d and hand held so not quite up to your quality to share, but well worth going.
thanks for sharing

Nice set of Pics there Chris! I didn't get round to seeing everything, but that bin feature is certainly quite interesting!

I didn't charge my D3100 for the Thursday, so went back on the Saturday armed with a tripod and a fully charged battery. I'll add pics to my topic soon. If you thought Thursday was busy John, there was a queue to get along the riverside on Saturday!! It was crazy.

Chris

Nice set.

I was thinking of popping into Durham last night but the fog was terrible so didn't bother, plus I'm not a fan of crowds so probably best I stayed at home.

Likewise, Colin.
Last night was the only night I could go, I wish I'd had at least two nights.
Got a lift through, it took us longer to get there and find a parking space than it would have if we'd bussed it from Sunderland!

Great shots Colin - better than mine :)

I went on Thursday (got caught up in the crowds and my mother wanted to go home!), and also went on Sunday. It was important to see the outlying installations and then go up to the cathedral otherwise things would have been chaos.

Did you get to Plenum at St Oswalds? It was stunning - the tower of the church was lit to music to be viewed from the graveyard at the rear of the church.

Great shots Colin - better than mine :)

Did you get to Plenum at St Oswalds? It was stunning - the tower of the church was lit to music to be viewed from the graveyard at the rear of the church.

one of our favourites too, the music in that setting was brill, and the green rope lights leading you into the graveyard very atmospheric with the music in the background. Sounds like thursday may have been a good night after all.

Back